User Hosted Crossplatform Browser Sync - Request

• Are there plans for supporting browser sync across platforms?

I think it could ease your burden to release software that advanced users could run themselves to facilitate syncing features. I run a few servers on my own and would gladly host syncing software if available.

Just a thought, ty

@annies Yes, there are plans for cross-platform sync. I suppose it might "ease burdens" to "release" self-service sync, but it would be hell to write that software in the first place, so that it could be released. Hence, the current, nearly mature sync which has been over two years in development and which works across platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux) will be completed and released first, and later there are plans to make it possible for users to host their own sync on various cloud-based solutions of their choice.

• @ayespy said in User Hosted Crossplatform Browser Sync - Request:

@annies Yes, there are plans for cross-platform sync. I suppose it might "ease burdens" to "release" self-service sync, but it would be hell to write that software in the first place, so that it could be released. Hence, the current, nearly mature sync which has been over two years in development and which works across platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux) will be completed and released first, and later there are plans to make it possible for users to host their own sync on various cloud-based solutions of their choice.

right on, thanks for the update

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.