Crash when I am installing Adblock Plus extension.

• Hello, I have read a post somewhere on the internet while surfing, I am searching for a best browser always. I found AVIVALDI browser today and it ready inspires me to use. But I am facing a problem using this browser, I love Adblock Plus extension to block ads, when I tried to install it on AVIVADI, it got crashed and closed. I love AVIVADI but also I love Adblock extension that must be have into it. I have attached a screenshot too. If anyone have solution for this problem, please notify me! http://prntscr.com/6elts0

• What is AVIVALDI? This browser here is called VIVALDI. And you should not use Adblock Plus, you should use the original Adblock (without Plus) or any other Adblocker. The most important thing are the blocker lists you use. These can be the same in both adblockers, but Adblock (without Plus) does not sell any ransom licenses (for whitelist entries) to those who pay enough for it.

• Most importantly, extensions in Vivaldi are not even officially supported at this point, so using them is basically you saying "I know the risks and I know what I'm doing".

• @Case:

Most importantly, extensions in Vivaldi are not even officially supported at this point, so using them is basically you saying "I know the risks and I know what I'm doing".

Exactly this.

OP, I've had good luck with ordinary AdBlock myself, as well as Ghostery. AdBlock may not be as potent as plus, but I'm willing to take getting most of the ads blocked and still using Vivaldi over perfect coverage and using something less.

• Sorry, but Adblock IS as potent as Plus, I think it is better, and it does not cheat the users! I have tested them all. Usually Vivaldi should not crash. I myself use µBlock at the moment and it runs very good under Vivaldi. It's small and fast and you can finetune it very good.

• Frankly, I don't care much for Extensions.
    If there is a Adblock-Functionality included in the browser, I can totally live without them.

I have the same issue. I've been using AdBlock and AdBlock Plus for a long time and Plus worked for me better in most cases. I hope they'll add support for extensions soon.

Actually, the first thing I did after installing Vivaldi and configuring its settings was installing all of the extensions that I use on a daily basis in other browsers. First crash of Vivaldi happened to me when I tried to install AdBlock Plus. I shall see how it deals with other extensions, since this feature is quite important for me… ;)

• I have tried out AdBlock (without Plus) and it runs perfect and now I use µBlock and it also runs perfect. Maybe there is an interaction with another extension or flag, I don't know.

As for Adblock Plus, have a look here:

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=Adblock+Plus+is+sued&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=9H4BVZDHEMPjO8qzgKAH#channel=suggest&q=Adblock+Plus+sued

The crash is a already known/reported bug.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.