Evernote.com in a Web Panel says 'Android Browser not supported'?

• Hi,

I really like the web panels and today I tried to log into Evernote Web with one, and it gave an unusual message, "Sorry, Evernote Web is not supported on Android browsers" and then prompts to get the app from Google Play.

I thought it a bit odd since I'm using a Web Panel in Vivaldi on a Windows computer! Does the web panel engine emulate an Android browser or something? I'm not too upset over it not working, just curious as to how the web panels work.

In Webpanel taskbar you must use the context menu "Show Desktop version"
    Vivaldi webpanels are faked as Linux/Android to get a smaller mobile version. That may fail for some bad browser sniffing pages.

Report this a bug to Vivaldi.

If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report each bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU.
    Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.
    If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

• @raz I think by default it pretends to be a mobile browser, that way sites will send it a narrow version of the page (like you would get on a small screen mobile). Try right-clicking the web panel and un-ticking the option marked "show mobile version".

• @lonm Thanks a lot for that tip, it does indeed load the Desktop version without problems (it's pretty wide but that's where the 'Separate Width' option really shines!)

I've submitted a bug report for it anyway plus a few other little ones, so thanks for that link also.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.