icon of vivaldi.exe/application

• Hello!

Just joined the forum.

I use Vivaldi for its great possibilities to tailor the UI.
    I can offer my html as app in a portable Vivaldi browser with nearly no GUI at all; hopefully this intention/use is o.k. for Vivaldi creators.

Til now I used IE11 and remarkable: speed of Vivaldi is a lot better!

My question: is it possible to change the window icon by

• changing Vivaldi.ico / Vivaldi.md5.ico?
    • somehow from web page
    • in exe directly?

I looked for something in the forum and found changing Vivaldi.ico shall work (even it must be done after each update); but that didn't help; somehow this file could not be changed. Maybe md5 hash secures consistency of that file?

Any help really apreciated. And sorry if I missed a link or hint in the forum so far.

Regards

• @hantyr said in icon of vivaldi.exe/application:

Hello!

Hi, welcome.

I can offer my html as app in a portable Vivaldi browser with nearly no GUI at all; hopefully this intention/use is o.k. for Vivaldi creators.

I'm not sure, given that the source is closed. You would need to check with one of the forum admins for that.

is it possible to change the window icon

If you mean the one shown on the browser window, that's easy to do. Visit the modding section of the forum for more info. If you mean the one that is shown on an OS-level, like in the taskbar, that would require modifying the vivaldi.exe file, which I wouldn't know how to do.

• Thanks a lot for the info!

Yes, I meant the exe's icon.

I will not sell an application "built with Vivaldi".
    It's an inhouse web application trying to mimick an app; so the chance in a SPA for the back button or something like this is minimized.
    Sure, I won't try to stop users from using alt-key to show menue.
    Normally, my users can only use IE; but as Vivaldi runs portable with no installation, it can be used for an "app like feeling".

(Btw. chrome and opera are not allowed in my office)

Thanks again for the hints!
    Really apreciated!
    Regards

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.