Vivaldi for Mac not responding to a Shortcut key defined by Keyboard Maestro

• This is unusual. I've noticed several Keyboard Maestro posts in this forum and I hope someone might be able to help me with this.

I've been able to use command-return as a shortcut key to click on a particular image with Chrome. I'm also able to run the macro associated with command-return manually from the KM editor when I'm using Vivaldi. However, when I try to execute the macro using command-enter with Vivaldi, I don't even get a system beep like I do with other KM errors.

I've checked to see if there is any conflict with other shortcuts in Vivaldi. I didn't see command-return. I've tried other shortcuts. I've even tried to use the Palette feature of KM. However, the palette disappears when I activate Vivaldi!! Very weird.

I use this shortcut key all day. So, if I can't fix this, I'll probably have to switch back to another browser and I really don't want to do that. Any ideas?

• We have no bug report yet.

If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report each bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU.
    Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.
    If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

@msatterwhite

I just found VB-32708 in the bug tracker, which looks like it was submitted by you. It was closed as Cannot reproduce by someone who was unable to reproduce the isse. I then went ahead and created a very simple KM macro myself (and assigned it to my Available in these applications: Vivaldi group):

Triggered by any of the following:
    The Hot Key ⌘Return is pressed

Will execute the following actions:
    Type the ⌘C Keystroke

This macro gets reliably triggered by ⌘Return on my Mac in Vivaldi 1.13.966.3 on macOS 10.12.6.

Maybe you could post the exact macro that fails to work? Then I can test if there is something about the macro or if the issue is somewhere else.

Also, Keyboard Maestro always catches the keystrokes before a regular application gets to see them, so even if there was a shortcut set for ⌘Return in Vivaldi, it could not conflict with the one in Keyboard Maestro, because KM always takes precedence. In fact, I make use of this effect with a bunch of empty KM macros that respond to ⌘Q and thereby prevent me from accidentally closing the apps that those macros are assigned to.

The more I think about it, the more I am wondering if the problem is with how the macro is assigned (or not) to Vivaldi. If you haven't done so already, restart the KM engine once. I've had issues with macros not triggering after I moved them between smart groups. If that does not help, temporarily make the macro global, so that it works in every application and then see if it now works in Vivaldi. If it does, you want to carefully look at that Vivaldi group again that you have created.

• I appreciate you telling me that this is working for you. It gave me motivation to continue debugging.

After a few hours of trying things, I decided to create a new macro from scratch. Boom! Fixed it! Oy!

Thanks for your assistance. I would have given up on Vivaldi! Now I don't have to!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.