Startup with last session- stopped working

• For some reason Vivaldi has started opening with a small (minimized) window and no tabs- versus the selected "Startup with last session" setting. It had worked fine previously.

Thoughts around what might have disabled this ability?

@mhowie Usually, something to do with extensions. Barring that, a corrupted Local App Settings folder, or a corrupted session file can cause problems. One way to check and see if it's something haywire in your profile is to refresh your profile.

• May have figured out what was causing the issue. I installed the Session Buddy extension in order to save the active tabs. In so doing, it reported two windows as being live even though I only had one open and there wasn't any sign of this second window. There were three tabs reported as being in this "rogue window" so I deleted the window within the Session Buddy extension, saved the session, and closed Vivaldi. I then opened Task Manager and closed every instance of Vivaldi reported as running (~ 13 "tasks"). I then reopened Vivaldi and my previous live window was restored, including all tab stacks. Hopefully this was a random occurrence!

@mhowie Hopefully...

• @mhowie Well, i have used S/B with V since 2015, & your described misbehaviour simply does not happen to my V-SS [or Stable either]. Maybe you were unlucky, but my positive longterm experience of S/B in V rather indicates it's not some nasty generic incompatibility.

• @steffie said in Startup with last session- stopped working:

@mhowie Well, i have used S/B with V since 2015, & your described misbehaviour simply does not happen to my V-SS [or Stable either]. Maybe you were unlucky, but my positive longterm experience of S/B in V rather indicates it's not some nasty generic incompatibility.

My described misbehavior occurred prior to Session Buddy being installed. Suggest you reread the entire thread as it was Session Buddy which identified the apparent "orphan window" and allowed me to close it due to the fact it wasn't visible within the normal operating environment.

I've used Session Buddy successfully for a long time with Chrome and would advocate it for usage with Vivaldi as well.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.