High CPU usage and temperature

• Hi Just installed and run Vivaldi (downloaded March 7th from the site) It uses up the CPU and causes my mac to heat. See the screenshot. MacBook Pro Retina Mid-2012 (OS X 10.10.2) Vivaldi: Vivaldi_TP2.1.0.118.19 Edit: I didn't open any websites. Just let Vivaldi run for 20 seconds (on its homepage) [attachment=801]Vivaldi_Mac.png[/attachment] Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/34016/Vivaldi_Mac.png[/img]

• Confirmed, I have the same issue on Windows 7 x64.

I run two monitors and I had the x64 version of Vivaldi showing a Youtube video on one screen (full screen) and x64 Pale Moon (a version of Firefox) showing the exact same video on the other screen (also full screen). Both instances were running at 720p.

Vivaldi uses dramatically more CPU horsepower. Hopefully there will be some optimizations, because otherwise Vivaldi makes a good first impression.

• I have those same issues. I downloaded today i opened 4 tabs.
    It uses up the CPU, 1.7GB of memory usage of vivaldi helper and causes my mac to heat.
    MacBook Pro Retina Mid-2014 (OS X 10.10.2)
    Version: Vivaldi_TP2.1.0.118.19
    Attachments:

• I was about to post the same thing.

On the latest snapshot, TP2 and below versions, I was getting temps of over 90 degrees celsius after a some minutes being idle. This is most apparent, of course, when playing videos on YouTube or any other sites with embedded videos.

Fans speeds goes up to 6000+ RPM which is really worrisome.

I understand Vivaldi team still needs time and will eventually fine-tune the browser. But I would just like to give a heads up on this since high CPU, temps, and battery life is a pretty big issue with Macbook users or laptop users in general.

• I can confirm this occurs with Vivaldi vTP2.1.0.118.19 for both the 32 and 64 bit variants on Windows 8.1 64-bit. It's now basically unusable as my computer stalls badly when running Vivaldi.

• I installed the latest Snapshot (from March 8th) and I got insane CPU usage and heat.

My config: MacBook Pro Retina (late 2014) connected to external monitor.

This does NOT occur with your latest stable release (TP2).

I hope you fix this issue, as I REALLY like this browser.

• Same here
    I've started boosting my fan a little bit when I launch Vivaldi (which only helps a little)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.