Browser window "size"

• Just recently, when I reopen V the size of the window is about 1/4 of what it was when I last closed down. Is there a setting for this that I might have changed inadvertently?

• @nypaulie Hiya. What's your distro, DE, & Vivaldi-type [SS or Stable]? Are you using Native Window in V's Settings? What happens if you close V, temporarily rename your Vivaldi's Default directory then relaunch V... any better then [initially with a clean profile like this, the V window size definitely will not be to your liking, but once you resize it to taste, do subsequent relaunches behave]?

• I've seen this behaviour too sometimes (although on windows machines). As far as I can say does this happen when I have vivaldi opened or minimised and than use an application that runs in fullscreen using another resolution than the standard.
    e.g.: playing an oldschool game that can't use anything higher than 800*600
    Sometimes vivaldi already changed after I quit the other application sometimes it stays in it's original size but changes after vivaldi get's closed and reopened

• @steffie said in Browser window "size":

@nypaulie Hiya. What's your distro, DE, & Vivaldi-type [SS or Stable]? Are you using Native Window in V's Settings? What happens if you close V, temporarily rename your Vivaldi's Default directory then relaunch V... any better then [initially with a clean profile like this, the V window size definitely will not be to your liking, but once you resize it to taste, do subsequent relaunches behave]?

Using Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa - Vivaldi: 1.8.770.54 (Stable channel) (64-bit) I'm ignorant re: "Native Window". As to renaming the default directory, etc. apparently that won't be needed because today when I opened V all was back to normal (?!?). The Speed Dial page icons were all blank but once I'd gone to a site and returned to the Speed Dial page all were showing the graphics again. Weird? Thank you for your help and if it happens again I will try your "fix".

• Native window is a setting in Vivaldi under Settings > Appearance. It is mostly for Linux, it makes V use your standard window manager decorations.

• @sgunhouse said in Browser window "size":

Native window is a setting in Vivaldi under Settings > Appearance. It is mostly for Linux, it makes V use your standard window manager decorations.

Thanks. I just checked the box.

• @nypaulie said in Browser window "size":

Vivaldi: 1.8.770.54 (Stable channel) (64-bit)

That's pretty old. I suspect that you should suspend further troubleshooting until you've first updated to the current version.

• @steffie said in Browser window "size":

@nypaulie said in Browser window "size":

Vivaldi: 1.8.770.54 (Stable channel) (64-bit)

That's pretty old. I suspect that you should suspend further troubleshooting until you've first updated to the current version.

Thanks for the tip... just installed: vivaldi-stable_1.11.917.43-1_amd64.deb

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.