Very slow typing

• With the latest versions of Vivaldi, I've noted a significant latency in typing in web forms and applications. For example, answering questions at Quora, or writing posts at Medium. Is this a known issue?

@mmcwatters Haven't experienced it. Your report is the first one I've seen of it.

• I the past i've experienced this in other applications and it's usually due to the processor being overwhelmed with too many tasks. Next time you see it, try opening the task manager (or whatever process viewer is available on your OS). Then, see if there are any spikes in CPU usage for applications. If there are, that's the cause. If not, or if vivaldi itself has unusually high CPU usage, then it's probably vivaldi at fault.

• @lonm said in Very slow typing:

I the past i've experienced this in other applications and it's usually due to the processor being overwhelmed with too many tasks. Next time you see it, try opening the task manager (or whatever process viewer is available on your OS). Then, see if there are any spikes in CPU usage for applications. If there are, that's the cause. If not, or if vivaldi itself has unusually high CPU usage, then it's probably vivaldi at fault.

Thanks. That was one of the first things I did, and didn't notice any spikes anywhere. I will note that, at best, typing is sluggish, at worst it's nearly impossible. It may actually cause me to leave Vivaldi, alas, as it's made me realize just how much typing I actually do in the browser. :(

• @ayespy For what it's worth, it's happening at home and at work. MacBook Pro at work, iMac at home.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.