Fill In the Blank?
The previous Chromium browser that I used would suggest comments that I had previously used to fill in a blank.
On Ebay I would generally give the same feedback to everyone who has purchased something from me. Now with Vivaldi I am having to type it every time....
Does anyone know how to turn this feature on?
This sounds like autofill support. If you've moved browser you will have lost all that.
Your options are to:
- type stuff and re-build our autofill history
- Type this as a note, and insert that using the right click menu
- Somehow copy over your old autofill history, which I'm not sure is possible (perhaps someone more enlightened knows where in the profile this is kept)
Thank you very much for your suggestions.
"type stuff and re-build your autofill history". I would be happy to do this and it would be ideal for me, only autofill does not seem to be working.
I'm not sure ( so make a copy before) autofill should be stored in webdata file in your vivaldi/user data/default (profile name).
But... the best way is to let vivaldi recreate the autofill following the first two LonM tips.
recreate the autofill
How do I get Vivaldi yo "recreate the autofill"?
@tam Sorry. I meant a new autofill made in vivaldi as the older can cause issues (not sure, but it could happen)
I renamed the webdata file, which was recreated when I restarted Vivaldi. The autofill still does not work.
@tam Look here
chrome://settings/autofill(paste in urlbar+enter) if the autofill is on or off.
Did as suggested. Went to chrome://settings/autofill and confirmed that autofill it is on.
Side note: Not the solution that I am looking for but thank you for inspiring me to figure out how to use Vivaldi's note feature.
It is working!!! I guess your original suggestion of replacing the webdata file worked! Thank you so very much!!!
In Windows 7 the path to the webdata file is:
C:\Users\ your user file name \AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data\Default
@tam Nice, I wasn't really sure as the passwords are locked and not easily exportable.
Interestingly, the passwords imported just fine. It was the inconsequential things that I was having trouble with! lol