Online Secure Code for Card Payments

• 2 or 3 months ago I reported a bug in Vivaldi which prevented Mastercard Securecard and Verified by Visa from working properly on retailers' websites. It took me some time to find out where to report bugs and I heard nothing back.
    These secure processes are still not working for me (latest Vivaldi stable on opensuse). I have to revert to firefox whenever I make a purchase from a retailer using this security process.
    Does anyone else have this problem or, better still, have a solution?

Bug number of your report please.

• I would presume he is pherworth@(mail provider concealed to prevent spam) and the bug number is VB-27092 (if he doesn't remember the bug number he can verify that is his email address). If that is him, the developers were unable to confirm the bug. I see a couple of other reports also marked as "Can not reproduce", but the details in this report correspond most closely to his account here.

Any ad-blocker or pop-up blocker which might prevent the code from appearing?

• Yes that's me. I should have thought about quoting the no, sorry.
    I haven't tried with adblock switched off because I have adblock in firefox which does not affect it.

• Usually extensions do not work on secure sites, but it is worth a try anyway.

• @sgunhouse said in Online Secure Code for Card Payments:

I see a couple of other reports also marked as "Can not reproduce", but the details in this report correspond most closely to his account here.

You would only be able to reproduce it if you were trying to make an online purchase from a retailer signed up to the system. Not all retailers use it. Also it may only be a UK thing, I'm not sure about that.

• My thought was it may be a Linux thing - the developer was testing it on a Windows machine. "Verified by Visa" in and of itself is not UK, but not all commercial sites use it. Indeed, the sites I tend to use (big name commercial sites) don't use it as they have their own payment processing system.

• I've had issues with them in the past if I didn't act extremely permissively towards cookies. Do you block cookies, or block 3rd party cookies? That might cause issues.

• @lonm said in Online Secure Code for Card Payments:

I've had issues with them in the past if I didn't act extremely permissively towards cookies. Do you block cookies, or block 3rd party cookies? That might cause issues.

Yes I do, so thanks for that, I'll investigate next time. I would point out, though, that I do the same on firefox. Also I don't have MS and haven't done for years so I don't think it's linux.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.