Auto prefix adding
I've been trying to set a new tab extension as my homepage so that I can still use the built in start page for new tabs. Unfortunately Vivaldi keeps adding the
http://prefix. However, if I add the same address as a web panel to the sidebar it loads fine because the address is not altered there.
I can understand it's purpose for general browsing but is there a way to prevent this behaviour for the home page?
LonM last edited by
Do you mean urls starting with
chrome-extension://? If so, I've just tried that and I do suspect this is a bug because I can do it with
file://protocol just fine. I would suggest visiting and filling out the form at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/.
Yes, that it was I meant. I looked into it before posting but only came across prediction service being a possible culprit. I don't see that as an option in the settings or flags though.
Thanks for checking, I'll fill out a report.
Install 1.11 Stable, that allows extensions to use start page.
I want to use it as my home page, not the start page. No version allows me to do that, I've tested it on v1.11 as well as the latest snapshot.
I try to save this
chrome-extension://ojhmphdkpgbibohbnpbfiefkgieacjmh/app/index.html#/as my home page
but when I select the home page, I get this instead
Vivaldi is automatically adding the
http://prefix to the
Related to bug VB-27570
Does this mean you have closed my bug report, because I see an email with the same response to use v1.11?
@sjudenim Your reported bug VB-32206 is open and related to other issue with extensions.
And you reported with Vivaldi/1.9.818.50 as i could see. So my advice was correct to try 1.11.
And yes, i supposed to try 1.11.
But is see now, that you wanted to replace the homepage not the speeddial.
sjudenim last edited by sjudenim
hmm, the bug report wizard detects v1.9 even though I use v1.11 for report.
It has the wrong useragent
Hadden89 last edited by Hadden89
@sjudenim 1.92 is 1.11 while 1.93 is 1.12 ... it's the user agent workaround :P
@sjudenim No, it detected 1.92 not 1.9.
The detection of bug report page is wrong, yes. It looks at the browser agent id which has such high number because other bad websites do not detect Vivaldi correctly.
got it. thanks