Unread posts page should reset automatically after leaving

• On other forums the Unread Posts page resets itself to blank a few minutes after leaving the page. There's no need to manually mark everything Read. Sounds small, but the Unread function is buried in a menu here, which is a pain.

If this can't be done, bring the Unread command out in the open would be a step in the right direction.

• @paul1149 What unread posts page are you talking about, exactly? https://forum.vivaldi.net/unread ?

@paul1149 Under no circumstances do I want an unread post to be cleared without my direction. I have to either read the post or mark it read. The fact that I saw a list of unreads is not sufficient reason to mark them read. On the other hand, if you visit a topic that has seven comments since the last time you were there, the visit marks everything "read." I think that's proper.

• @Erufael Yes, exactly.

• @Ayespy I guess it depends on how one uses the forum. Your use might be more involved than mine. I usually check the Unreads, view a couple of threads, and leave. So a quick solution would be best for me.

At least putting a visible Mark Read button would make it much better than menu diving.

• May be if our webdev finds a extension for NodeBB forum, he would add such feature it if there is enough spare time.

• @paul1149 Sorry for the late reply, but if you click on the user's avatar to the left of a topic you want to mark as read (on the /unread page), it will switch to a green checkmark. You can select multiple topics like this. Then you can hit the Mark As Read button above the topics to the right, and click "selected."

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.