Audio Plays Too Quickly

• On some websites or streams, I find that the audio plays too quickly and in a high pitch like a chipmunk.
    I have even had this happen on some video clips on YouTube.

Whenever this happens, I copy the page address into another browser such as Firefox or Edge and it plays correctly.
    Is this a known issue? If so, is there a fix?

I am using Vivaldi Snaphot 1.12.941.3 (64-bit).
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@Dypsis Can you please specify a link?

We need the links to such videos to check it and report as bug to Vivaldi devs.

• Dypsis
    whew. tired from the laughter. thanks for the chipmunk reference. believe it.
    free? the links?

• I didn't document the specific links that I had trouble with.
    When I come across one I will post it.

The other thread about slow playback also occurs for me sometimes.

• Vivaldi Translator

I can confirm. I have encountered this issue too in the past. It just randomly happens sometimes on livestreams or videos. A refresh of the certain page doesn't resolve the issue and like you in other browsers it works fine. I'm also on Windows 10 x64 and using the snapshot builds (it's not specifically related to this snapshot, but it occers already since a few weeks on my machine). I'll report a link to a video here too if I see this behaviour again.

• I’ve also seen this recently.

On https://www.pcgarage.ro/smartphone/htc/one-a9-16gb-4g-carbon-gray/#pe-wrap click the video (that first 30s clip plays fine, there’s no need to watch it), then select from the right their second 1m28s clip: its audio plays too quickly (it’s more noticeable a few seconds in, when they say the line “Life is what you make of it”) and finishes way before the video ends.

Vivaldi 1.11.917.43 (Stable channel) (64-bit) on Windows 10 Pro.

@Dantesoft Please report to our devs.

If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report each bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU.
    Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.
    If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

• VB-32215: Audio Plays Too Quickly

@Dantesoft I confimed it internally.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.