I'm a "new user"?

• I can understand you want to prevent flooding and all, but really - I joined like a week or two after the forum was announced. And it considers me a new user?

"As a new user, you can only post once every 560 second(s) until you have earned 2 reputation - please wait before posting again"

• @sgunhouse "new" is not predicated on date of entry, (and I think you know this) but rather on number of upvotes. You have to have at least a net +2 to not be "new." I'm giving you another, 'cause you deserve it. But the community devs are continually trying to get an automated pattern that keeps the spammers from flooding us.

• Hmm, the server could look at the UID of the user additionally. @sgunhouse's UID is 353, for UIDs below 10000 it would probably make sense to disable the upvote barrier.

• As a moderator of both the old and new Opera forums I can understand the need to limit spammers, but that seems a bit extreme.

• @sgunhouse said in I'm a "new user"?:

I can understand the need to limit spammers, but that seems a bit extreme.

Sorry for you, before we had a lower delay but that lead into much more spam.

• @sgunhouse of unquestionable character and competencies. if you need more ups let us know; I see a path for at least 500 more upvotes just from me. !!

• @Gwen-Dragon Opera forums has no vote system, so all first-time posters are held for review. Plus they have an algorithm that rates posts on spamminess (only obvious criterion being number of links - they won't explain the details) and those which are questionable also are held.

No, prior to last update I had several up-voted posts, but apparently older posts weren't counted. :(

• @sgunhouse
    For me it's "I'm a Believer." Ha! Ha! :8ball: :cactus:
    Belivers :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

• @sgunhouse I agree I created an account to report a bug and it's been a nightmare! certainly understandable but very discouraging. it's a killer! not because you can't make new posts, but because you can't even reply to posts either! earning those 2 reputation points will probably suck the life out of you! by the time you get there you'll probably uninstall Vivaldi.. :c

• @dinoraptor Don't whine. I gave them to you.:expressionless:

• @dinoraptor "earning those 2 reputation points will probably suck the life out of you! by the time you get there you'll probably uninstall Vivaldi"

Wow. What an "interesting" way of thinking...

• I'm a tester (aka, a Soprano), I've had Vivaldi since before it was announced to the public, including some versions that were barely usable. It takes a lot for me to abandon something.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.