Vimeo Videos Don't Work

• Vimeo videos can't be played right now on Vivaldi This is strange, as Vivaldi supports HTML5 players fine. All Vimeo videos give an error that it can't be played.

• put links to go there to try video test

• With Vivaldi blogs it's true but with Vivaldi browser it's ok …a link please

• How to reproduce this:

**Go to:
    vivaldi://plugins

Disable Adobe Flash Player

Try Vimeo, it does not work.**

And no, Vimeo does not require Flash anymore. Just like Youtube, it uses HTML5 players now. It actually started to use HTML5 players before Youtube.

I actually have Flash removed from system for security reasons, Vivaldi is using the integrated Flash plugin that comes with Chrome.

Eventually this will be removed by Chrome completely as well. Actually I advice users here to disable Flash completely, every single week there is a major security hole in it, and most hacks in past 2 years are done using the Flash player as exploit. So disabling the Flash player will make your Vivaldi browser more secure. You don't want this crap enable it. Any compromised website will be able to penetrate your system without problems if you have Flash enabled.

Which video does not work? All of them !!! Not a single Vimeo video works.

Result = Vimeo HTML5 Playback does not work with Vivaldi.

• User fsLeg has posted the apparent cause and a workaround in another thread

Probably this problem is the same as with Opera: Vimeo detects browser's HTML5 capabilities, queries H.264 video support, for some reason receives "yes" as a response from the browser and sends a video in an unsupported format. The solution - install ffmpeg. But not any ffmpeg. Opera supports ffmpeg-2.4 branch, as for Vivaldi… Well, I created this topic to find out the exact version.

• Also, Vimeo turned on HTML5 in the begging of 2014, so no Flash player should be needed

• @sysfu:

User fsLeg has posted the apparent cause and a workaround in another thread

Probably this problem is the same as with Opera: Vimeo detects browser's HTML5 capabilities, queries H.264 video support, for some reason receives "yes" as a response from the browser and sends a video in an unsupported format. The solution - install ffmpeg. But not any ffmpeg. Opera supports ffmpeg-2.4 branch, as for Vivaldi… Well, I created this topic to find out the exact version.

I never had problems using vivaldi with h264 videos, not even in the very first build published

Opium didn't play them, but now has an opera://flags to enable the platform's codecs (AFAIK any codec installed on the system, so also the stock from MS), so the problem is gone.

Which OS are you on The_Solutor?

Can you check if H.264 and MSE & H.264 are on here?
    https://www.youtube.com/html5

• The matter turned to be more puzzling than I thought . :blink:

I tried win 10, win 8.1 and win 7.

The vimeo videos played flawlessly, I tried your link and in all of three I H264 and MSE H264 were marked in red.

So I decided to look further and I disabled the flash player plugin, then the video stopped to play.

I did the same in opium and and the video keept playng.

So I don't know if the flash player affects, for some reasons, also the html5 videos.

Or if the vimeo videos are masking the use of flash player but are still using it in some way. For sure when I play the vimeo videos in vivaldi I can't see the usual signs of flash presence, like the flash player infos on right mouse click.

Adding OpenH264 could be useful and as i can see it has a BSD licences without restrictions.
    May be something like ffmgep could be used vor H264 and MP3, but the license is not useful for a company.

I dont know if these two are allowed to be bundled with Vivaldi as Vivaldi is not GPL.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.