Wish: Make Ctrl+Enter and Alt+Enter work from Quick commands field

• After typing something in the Quick commands field, Ctrl+Enter or Alt+Enter should launch the string in a new tab. This would be useful in UI-less mode.

• @ersi said in Wish: Make Ctrl+Enter and Alt+Enter work from Quick commands field:

Quick command

That's the default behaviour. What you typing in the field?

Try, for example, "w Vivaldi" to search for Vivaldi on Wikipedia. It opens in a new tab.

• @Pesala I see. But this needs some fine-tuning.

For example, I type "find". This results in some intra-Vivaldi stuff filtered below the field. Then I press Enter. Quick commands widget vanishes, nothing else happens.

I type "whatever". This filters up my default search engine. Then I press Enter. The string is launched in a new tab.

The latter is closer to the desired behaviour. The former is not. The former string should go to the search engine also, in my opinion.

The Quick commands field is awesome, but I am in need of a more full-fledged address field in UI-less mode. Right now there is this behaviour:

1. Open up a new tab (by default, you'll get the Start Page)
    2. Open up Quick commands
    3. Keep typing until you get something that shows that it's going to be opened by the search engine. Press Enter.
    4. The string launches in another new tab, the Start Page remains open too

That the Start Page remains open, it can be easily seen when you have UI on, but I want to know it even when I have UI off. This is the reason why I want either more options to tweak the Quick commands field or I want a complete secondary address field.

Yes, I can toggle the address bar on and off. This is what I am doing right now. This is not as elegant as for example in Pale Moon: Turn off the navigation bar and the Alt+d and Ctrl+l shortcuts still work, bringing up a secondary address field. Of course, this does not get even close to what old Opera was able to do. Nothing ever will.

I started this wish because I want to be able to control:

• that the string I typed in Quick commands launches for sure
    • that it launches either in the same or a new tab as I choose

• @ersi Quick Commands needs some improvements.
    When you type something like "find", it doesn't focus any longer on the default search engine (the first entry, just below the search field). You have to select it. Same thing with any word related to intra-Vivaldi stuff or bookmark. The focus is here, not on the default search engine. You have to select the search engine if you want to search that word on the web. One possible workaround is to begin your search with the search engine nickname (e.g. typing "g find" if you want to search "find" on google) and then press "enter".
    And to answer your question about Crtl+Enter/Alt+Enter, you have to make a choice: open the results in current tab or in a new tab, but you can't have both.
    That's not what you wish, but that's all we've got until we get an improved QC.

• @hlehyaric said in Wish: Make Ctrl+Enter and Alt+Enter work from Quick commands field:

That's not what you wish, but that's all we've got until we get an improved QC.

Exactly - we don't have it yet. Hence the wish.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.