Is there a secondary address field?

• Vivaldi has an UI-less mode when you uncheck Appearance > Show user interface.

The problem is that I cannot find a way to access the address field in this mode. Old Opera used to have a secondary address field. Does Vivaldi have it?

When Pale Moon is in toolbarless mode (just hide the toolbars, most crucially the navigation toolbar), the ordinary shortcuts Alt+d and Ctrl+l open up a secondary address field. Does Vivaldi have any sort of access to the address field in the UI-less mode?

• f2 quick commands

• You mean go to Quick commands and select Address bar there? This is non-different from turning the whole interface back on. So I guess there is no access to the address field while the browser would stay as-is, the way like old Opera worked.

• @ersi No, he means using QC's search field as an address bar. You can even switch between your seach engines using their nicknames and access internal URLs from there.

• @hlehyaric That's more amazing than I suspected. Thanks :)

• @ersi You're welcome. When using Vivaldi UI-less, QC is a very useful tool.

• To find shortcuts, try the Cheat Sheet (Ctrl+F1 is the default shortcut)

• @ersi Same problem here. Thank you for your help.

• Must remark though that Quick commands field is not quite the same as an address field. For example, Ctrl+Enter or Alt+Enter does not work to open in new tab.

I have some quirky habits from textmode webbrowsers. For example, when I open a new clean tab, I want the focus to go to the address field and I want the current (last) URL be there waiting for me. Alternatively, in an active tab I want to focus on the address field with the current URL in there, modify the URL, and launch it in a new tab. These things are easily possible in the old Opera (by chaining the INI commands), but not in the current Vivaldi (in UI-less mode).

• @ersi You can, however, in settings under "Quick Commands" set it to "open pages in new tab." Unfortunately, you can't have it both ways at the moment.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.