Bookmarks Issue

• I installed the Vivaldi browser and I love the speed of it but I can't make the browser save any more than 1 website in the bookmarks tab. When I go to save the website I hit the bookmark icon and the box pops up to save the site and instead of adding to the saved bookmarks it replaces the previous bookmark and all I can do is save 1 bookmark. Can you please fix this bug so we can save all of our bookmarks? Thanks... Steve Also can you put an option in the settings to turn off the list of past websites that show up when you start typing in an address in the web address box for a little more privacy? Thanks... Steve

• @stevo:

… I can't make the browser save any more than 1 website in the bookmarks tab. When I go to save the website I hit the bookmark icon and the box pops up to save the site and instead of adding to the saved bookmarks it replaces the previous bookmark and all I can do is save 1 bookmark. ...

Just for reference, I've never encountered the problem, at least in the way you seem to have described it, in any of the Vivaldi versions to date nor seen it reported in forum postings here. To better understand your problem explanation, perhaps some additional details might help:

• What Vivaldi version/build number are you using? (Look in Menu > Help > About)
    • How is the browser installed (stand-alone, single-user, multi-user)?
    • What operating system are you running, and if Windows, is it being run in a limited user account?
    • Is Vivaldi a 32 or 64-bit version?
    • How are you looking at your bookmarks (bookmarks side-panel, bookmarks bar, or simply in the bookmarking pop-up itself)?
    • When you go to bookmark a site, what is the prompted folder name shown in the pop-up, just below its thumbnail page view?

• That is indeed weird. V does have the limitation that you cannot save the same URL twice using the bookmark popup icon. Could you be referring to that possibly? I have suggested a simple way to allow this elsewhere. In order to bookmark the same URL twice you need to bookmark the second instance manually.

• I had that issue as well. I have just switched to manually entering URLs, for now.

• I simply want to "ADD" a bookmark. Perhaps I've simply looked over it but there doesn't appear to be a way to simply click to add a bookmark. I'm not referring to the "plus" option under the Bookmark sidebar or the rt. click option that brings up a menu with a choice to add "All Open tabs" as bookmarks, no no no. I'm at a web page and I wanna simply add it to my bookmark list.
    Where is that option? If it's not added yet, I can't understand why not, that's a standard function under most any browser. The new Opera versions jacked that up as well and I never used Chrome–hated it. I have been a long time Opera user and though I do use the latest version, I'm not happy with some of the senseless changes they made (bookmarks being one of them). I really really like Vivaldi, this browser is "quick!!!" Faster than Opera. As a matter of fact, I've barely used Opera since I installed Vivaldi.. So what's up wit the bookmarks? Oh! get rid of that twirling double clicking triagle crap to access bookmarks I do have under the Bookmark sidebar. You should never have to double click anything in a bookmark list to access it!

• Vivaldi Team

This? @gvt20317
    Attachments:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.