Pages don't load properly

• Hello, I have a problem when using Vivaldi in which pages do not fully load. They load only partially, sometimes without images, and usually look as if the internet has just disconnected mid-load or the pages raw HTML is broken. My internet, however, is fine.

It's quite a frustrating issue. Here is an image of what happens.

0_1503180398783_CaptureWeb.PNG

If anyone has any insight into why this is happening, I'd be grateful. I've reinstalled twice, no change.

Extensions- (last reinstall I only installed the minimum amount of extensions, no change)
    Last Pass
    Raindrop
    Todoist
    Grammarly
    I'm fairly sure the issue persists without any extensions loaded.

Windows 64
    I can provide more information if it's required.

Thank you in advance for your help!

• Vivaldi Voice

i will suggest you to check your internet connection.

• Thank you, but I did mention my internet is fine. Any other ideas? Or how specifically the internet might be tied to this issue in a way that's able to be fixed beyond "check your internet" which as I've mentioned - is fine. It's a constant high-speed connection. I'd be able to tell if it dropped out etc.

• Something is blocking loading css or scripts in that page, maybe some adblock or security program?
    What is the url?

• @iAN-CooG - it isn't one particular page although I have given that page as an example. It happens on many different websites but yes, I agree, it does look like something's messing with the css and scripts etc. I don't have Adblock extensions right now, the list of extensions is in the original post.

Turning off my security to test is problematic as it might not happen all day then happen a lot during the next, ie. it's incredibly sporadic. I've got windows firewall on and Malware Fighter and Advanced SystemCare. The last two I'm happy to turn off for a while and see if there is a change, I'll also check the firewalls to ensure Vivaldi has access where appropriate.

Overall though, I doubt it will change anything. It's an odd problem.

I've created a new rule in windows firewall to ensure it's not blocking Vivaldi.

EDIT: The problem is still occurring, notably when I attempt to load image results from google.

• The problem is that you can't recreate the issue reliably. Apart from anyone independently knowing what the issue is, it will be hard to suggest something. Try and find a case/site where it happens 100% of the time, then you can file a bugreport.

• try with internet exporer/other browsers and visit the same sites

• @silencemydovakiin Does this happen when using other browsers, or only Vivaldi?

• The reader view isn't working with decodeko.co.id I just curious why. Thanks

@karinaindah Because it's all images, almost no text.

• My apologies for the late reply.

@luetage said in Pages don't load properly:

The problem is that you can't recreate the issue reliably. Apart from anyone independently knowing what the issue is, it will be hard to suggest something. Try and find a case/site where it happens 100% of the time, then you can file a bugreport.

I appreciate that is a problem, but should my issue be ignored because it's sporadic? I would argue it's just as likely to happen on any website as any other. There is no one website this is happening on. I can take an image every time it happens if I remember, but that will just show I use some websites more than others, not that it only happens on those websites.

@iAN-CooG said in Pages don't load properly:

try with internet explorer/other browsers and visit the same sites

It doesn't happen on other browsers. I used Mozilla entirely before I switched to Vivaldi and it never happened. I could switch back for a while to test but I use Mozilla occasionally still and my brother insists on using chrome whenever he uses my pc and I've not seen the issue occur.

@Erufael said in Pages don't load properly:

@silencemydovakiin Does this happen when using other browsers, or only Vivaldi?

I've never experienced this issue with other browsers, only Vivaldi. Also, very nice picture :D

@silencemydovakiin It is impossible to fix a bug that cannot be reliably reproduced. Further, zero, not one, ever, of the developers or internal testers (of whom there are more than 70) has encountered your bug.

So don't consider that your issue is being ignored. Consider that it cannot be identified, and so it cannot be fixed. You see, on this end, it is not sporadic. It is non-existent. So ANYTHING you can do that might help us run this to ground would be appreciated. Some site where it happens MOST of the time, perhaps - or some circumstance where it seems to happen more often - like right on first start; or only after using a login page; or only after activating your EXIF-reader extension; or only on your laptop which has hardware config A as opposed to your desktop which has hardware config B - something, anything. A developer MUST be able to reliably reproduce it in order to identify it, so that it can be fixed.

@silencemydovakiin And at a glance, the symptoms are like a choppy internet connection. Is there anything atypical or non-routine about your connection that the developers might try to replicate?

• @silencemydovakiin
    Try and disable the extensions you have and see if it helps. Got to thoroughly remove the cache as well for testing.

• I'm having exactly the same issue.

Pages fail to load constantly. The F5 key is getting pretty used.

I've been trying to flush the problem out and this is what I have so far:

• This happens using Vivaldi and sometimes with Yandex;

• Doesn't happen using Brave, Opera or Firefox.

I've tried disabling all the extensions with no luck.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.