Reader Mode Scroll
The Reader Mode scrollbar does not move, although the page scrolls. bug is present in v 1.11 and in first 1.12 snapshot. Was also present in previous version and snapshots.
Such bug is reported and known, but no fix yet.
But please tell me, which URL and on which Windows does that happen?
I can't reproduce such problem on my 1.11 x64 with Windows 10.
I'm delighted that the bug is already known to Vivaldi. It occurs on all URLs as far as I can determine. I'm using Windows 7 32-bit.
Weird, i got also Win7 (32bit) and it's just works fine for me.
@ukelukel did you try to tick Focus Page Content on New Tab option? You'll find it by Settings / Tabs / Tab Handling
Thanks for the suggestion, @Marko-Indaco. Unfortunately, the problem persists--even in 1.12.936.3. Frustrating.
I think it depends on the site. I see no problem on the BBC site, e.g. on this story
Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit • Snapshot 1.12.936.3 (64-bit)
@Marko-Indaco Yep, I got it.Thanks.
Hmm. Maybe it's some elements on the specific page that are to blame.
Using the link provided by @Pesala, these behaviors were observed:
- Link is clicked: scroll slider doesn't move, but page scrolls
- Open link in new tab is clicked: scroll slider doesn't move, but page scrolls
- Open link in background tab is clicked: scroll slider moves, page scrolls
- URL is typed into address box: scroll slider doesn't move, page scrolls
Using another link from the same site (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40995829), same as above except for item 3:
- Open link in background tab is clicked: scroll slider moves (BUT not always), page scrolls
Win 7, 32-bit, 2 GB
Hope this helps the bug busters.
I think I know what's happening: the scroll slider image doesn't load fast enough or at times doesn't load fully at all. The slider is working all right, it's just that its image is actually a mirage.