Ahoy, hoy

• Good evening!
    I installed Vivaldi for the first time last night after a few nights of searching for an alternative to Chrome and becoming disappointed with my previous go-to alt browsers. Very pleased so far.
    I'm wondering a few things though, after searching the forum for a bit I have some pretty basic questions which are not yet answered. If anyone has links which can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it:

• What is a snapshot exactly and how are they used?

• Is there a more direct way to submit bugs than using the forum?

I'm sure I will have more questions as I use this more.
    Thank you in advance for any help, and for supporting what looks like a really incredible browser.:grin:

@Bluthos Snapshot versions are the very most recent public releases. They have the latest release features and tend to be extremely stable. If you have the Stable stream installed, you will not get notices of the Snapshot releases. If you have Snapshot releases installed, you will not get notice of the Stable releases. But if you install one in the default fashion and the other (using installer options) as "standalone" then you will get notifications of updates in both streams.,

Yes, you can (and should) submit a bug at the file a bug report address.

• @Ayespy said in Ahoy, hoy:

If you have the Stable stream installed, you will not get notices of the Snapshot releases. If you have Snapshot releases installed, you will not get notice of the Stable releases. But if you install one in the default fashion and the other (using installer options) as "standalone" then you will get notifications of updates in both streams

Well, yes... for Windows. But OP did not post this in the Windows section, nor mentioned Windows in post. Statistically; yes, probably another Windows user, but... Logically; might be a Mac or Linux user.

To Bluthos: on off-chance that you might be a Linux user, you can happily install both versions the "standard" way eg from their RPM or DEB files, & thence your distro's Update Manager [or equivalent] should then look after all future updates of each for you.

• @Ayespy Thank you! I will check this out.
    SO just to clariy, if I'm interested in Snapshot releases I should uninstall stable and install using the snapshot?

If I do that, is there any way to export my current preferences (extensions and theme rules) for use in the snapshot release?

@Bluthos No need to uninstall Stable. Assuming you're in Windows (you never said) Just install Snapshot as a standalone in a different folder from your Stable, and you will have both. And then, if you like, you can copy any data you want from your Stable copy to your Snapshot copy.

If you're in Linux, same thing, but no need to install standalone. Linux will recognize and separately install both products.

If you want to have both on OSX, say so. That's more complicated. If you don't want both, I'm pretty sure you can just install Snapshot in the regular fashion and it will replace the Stable.

@Bluthos Also, if you were to simply install Snapshot over the top of Stable on Windows at this point, you would be converted to Snapshot and retain all of your data and settings.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.