Since Upgrading to v. 1.11.917.39 Netflix stopped working



  • I'm on Mac OS 10.12.6, since I upgraded to Vivaldi 10.12.6 Netflix simply stopped working altogether.
    The home page will load but every time I try to actually play anything it gives me "Error Code: M7121-1331-P7".
    I tried asking around, apparently I'm not the only one with this problem, but when I tried searching for the topic in this forum I couldn't find anything recent.
    Anyone else having similar issues? Any known solution?



  • New library broke something in Vivaldi (and even on Opera, too).

    The Vivaldi develoeprs work on it to fix it quickly.



  • @Gwen-Dragon I see, thanks a lot


  • Moderator

    @Loud0 We are informed there's a fix in the pipe. We will see if it is valid for all OSes.



  • Is this related also to YouTube videos not working? It isn't ALL the YouTube videos, but most seem to not work. Example:

    https://youtu.be/TqUkf8o_VeI

    Works fine in my Chrome, but fails in Vivaldi


  • Moderator

    @Ruskicowboy That video plays fine in all of my Vivaldi installs. So the Netflix fix would not be related to that.



  • maybe a mac specific problem, on my win7 pc it works, playing it at 720p



  • Hmm...ok. So any ideas what I can check to figure out why it isn't working on my install?

    Vivaldi 1.11.917.39 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    Revision 161e1fce0e1b4aa6e95de8aa8b0e5cbc11cd8e8b-
    OS Mac OS X
    JavaScript V8 6.0.286.52
    Flash 26.0.0.151 /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/PepperFlashPlayer/PepperFlashPlayer.plugin
    User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.91 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.92.917.39
    Command Line /Applications/Vivaldi.app/Contents/MacOS/Vivaldi -psn_0_454767 --always-authorize-plugins --enable-blink-features=ResizeObserver --ppapi-flash-path=/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/PepperFlashPlayer/PepperFlashPlayer.plugin --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end --disable-smooth-scrolling
    Executable Path /Applications/Vivaldi.app/Contents/MacOS/Vivaldi
    Profile Path /Users/jdavi00/Library/Application Support/Vivaldi/Default


  • Moderator

    @Ruskicowboy The Netflix and YouTube issues you're experiencing are unrelated.

    What happened with Netflix is that a 3rd-party software component that enables playback of copy-protected content got updated, and that component (Widevine CDM) had an incompatibility with Vivaldi. An initial fix was released today for testing. The version of Vivaldi that you're using (a Stable release) will be updated with a fix soon.

    As for YouTube, on macOS, Vivaldi plays certain types of video with some help from your Mac's graphics processor. The web engine that Vivaldi is built upon, Chromium, also uses the graphics processor to render web content... and the Chromium developers are currently making improvements to this piece of code. However, the Chromium developers are also blacklisting video drivers that cause even a minor glitch with their new code... and when they disable GPU hardware acceleration, it partially breaks video playback in Vivaldi. Vivaldi knows about this problem and they're working on a fix.

    There is a workaround that you can try to get YouTube video playback working again: Go to vivaldi://flags and Enable the "Override software rendering list" flag; it's the first one on the list. Hit the RELAUNCH NOW button at the bottom of the page and your YouTube video should play.



  • Thanks for the explanation. Doing what you said, actually has caused vivaldi to not even start. Not sure how to undo it. I tried running it command line and got this (trying to run it without extensions):

    USPITJDAVISLM1:MacOS jdavi00$ ./Vivaldi --disable-extensions
    objc[1912]: __weak variable at 0x7f915206e070 holds 0x2121212121212121 instead of 0x7f9152063120. This is probably incorrect use of objc_storeWeak() and objc_loadWeak(). Break on objc_weak_error to debug.

    IOVARendererID property not found
    [1912:775:0818/230854.361691:ERROR:render_widget_host_view_mac.mm(703)] Failed to create display link.
    [1912:35331:0818/230855.259408:ERROR:service_manager.cc(142)] Connection InterfaceProviderSpec prevented service: content_plugin from binding interface: memory_instrumentation::mojom::Coordinator exposed by: content_browser


  • Moderator

    @Ruskicowboy Sorry to hear that. Overriding that blacklist has never caused a problem like this for anyone before.

    Vivaldi stores its configuration in the Profile directory. You should be able to recover your Vivaldi installation in the same way as you would recover from a corrupted profile. This article provides tips on how to do that: https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/10388/refreshing-or-cleaning-your-profile

    If anything in the article is unclear or you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.



  • @xyzzy
    Thanks! At first I didn't think I'd be able to follow that, just because I couldn't get Vivaldi to boot up in order to get to the About information. But, I then noticed that it WAS running, just nothing was displayed. Pressing Command + N brought up Vivaldi. So, I followed the steps and Vivaldi is running again. I also verified that YouTube videos, and facebook videos are working. Yay! So, apparently it was an extension causing issues. Gonna install each one at a time, until I find the culprit. Thanks for your help



  • @Loud0 Same aggravating problem. I do not understand why they have not fixed this immediately.


  • Moderator

    @bradleyhaslett It is fixed in the snapshots. First, it took some weeks to diagnose what in the underlying software had caused it.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.