Last used search engine , on top of context menu "Search with...", after updating to 1.11.



  • I use 4-5 search engines in every single session, so I use a lot the "Search with..." option in context menu.
    After the release of Vivaldi 1.11, I found out that the last used search engine lies always on top of search engines order.
    Searching the topics in Vivaldi forums , I found that this issue maybe is an old one, but it wasn't clear if it was a bug or a browser's configuration.
    And I had never noticed such a behavior in my pc , before the last Vivaldi updating.
    Anyway, it is very annoying for me , because I change search engine many times a session and the continuous reshuffling of order is confusing and distracting.
    What's going on, is it a bug? A new feature? Could be fixed?



  • It's the new intended behaviour in both rclick context menu and in search box.
    I also would like that this could be an option, maybe it will come when the search engine list can be manually sorted. So far, no workaround that I know of.



  • I reported it as a bug. It is bad UI design. I carefully arranged my search engines in alphabetical order so that it is easy to find the one that I want. Now, I have to stop and think before selecting the desired search engine.

    How we decide

    @Pesala said in Feature requests for 1.12:

    Don't Sort Search With Menu by Last Used

    Previous versions did not sort the search with submenu. Now that the last used engine is moved to the top it is less ergonomic than it was before with them in the user's chosen order.

    0_1502430668519_Search With Context Menu.png


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.