Double tap zoom (or alterative)

• Hello,
    I am trying vivaldi and I personally love it (really really great work!). One of the very few things holding me back from making it my default browser is the use of double tap for zooming. On Safari or Chrome I can double tap on a text area and I have a nice zoomed view of the text in there, while on Vivaldi I cannot find a way to reproduce such effect.
    Am I missing something? Is there an alterative gesture I can use?

@wpbloyd The macOS "Smart Zoom" gesture doesn't work in Vivaldi, and I'm not sure it ever did. This would be a nice feature to have.

Vivaldi does have a "Zoom In Double" function that you can map to keyboard shortcut or a mouse gesture.

There's also a more general zooming option in macOS that you can enable in System Preferences / Accessibility / Zoom ; Check the "Use scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom".

With this option enabled, you can hold down the Control key and use a scroll gesture to zoom in and out anywhere on your screen, and pan the zoomed view by moving the mouse pointer. Not the same as the two-finger double-tap but still handy in a different way, and VERY convenient.

• Hi,
    Thanks for the answer, I didn't know the "Zoom In Double" function. It is quite useful, even if it seems to me that it reformat the page instead of zooming in. However, as conveniente as it sounds, it is, unfortunately, a little bit more tricky to use than double tap. I will try to go along with this however :)

There's also a more general zooming option in macOS that you can enable in System Preferences / >Accessibility / Zoom ; Check the "Use scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom".

Yep knew this one, and agree, very useful in a lot of occasion, Unfortunately I do not love it for reading long text :\

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.