"Website would like to access your location"

• I recently updated vivaldi to 1.11.917.39 and now I get this pop-up every time I open a new tab (see attached image).

It's obstructive and doesn't let me do other things with the browser until it's closed. The trick is, it doesn't close as long as I'm in the new tab. No matter how many times I click "allow" or "deny", it stays there, on top of everything, not allowing me to move forward.

I use the Momentum extension for my new tab which requests location data for weather. I would gladly allow the website "chrome://newtab" access to location data if this popup would let me.

Any ideas why it doesn't go away or accept my response when I click on "allow" or "deny"? Thanks!

0_1502396384976_Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 2.14.03 PM.png

• You can enable websites to access your location by default. It's probably set to "ask" at this point. Click the world button in your address bar to change the setting for each site.

• When the page is on chrome://newtab on the mac or windows, I can't get the location settings to stick.

When I revert back to the old behaviour for momentum of setting both the start page and the new tab page to chrome-extension://laookkfknpbbblfpciffpaejjkokdgca/dashboard.html. I can get the location setting to stick. (I know the screenshots are windows, but I had the same behaviour on my mac at home this morning)

<edit - this fixes the problem on windows - it doesn't work on mac>

1_1502436448196_location settings.png 0_1502436448195_location ask.png

• I am 1 year late to this post but I would still like to help. I just installed Vivaldi and added the Momentum extension too.

Steps:

1. Open a new tab
    2. Click on the browser icon like shown in the previous post.
    3. Then click on site settings
    4. You will be brought to the momentum extension settings
    5. The first option is location, in my case I would like to block the location so I clicked block (You can change to allow if you want)
    6. Click the back button
    7. Click on location
    8. Uncheck blocked
    9. BAM YOU ARE DONE!!!

• I've already created a issue on the Vivaldi JIRA system in 3 July 2018 but they have not solved

[Jira] (VB-41546) An extension which needs location request can not work.

alt text

@ttuygun FYI, your bug duplicates VB-38088, and that bug is confirmed and still open.

@xyzzy said in "Website would like to access your location":

VB-38088

FYI: VB-38088 is a duplicate of masterbug VB-31904

• As a semi OCD person, this bug is annoying.

At first I thought it was also hijacking my search bar as well, but that could also not be the case. Which is because on my other pc, I don't have this location bug, but I do have the address bar bug.

I've already emailed the momentum dev, but he doesn't seem to be interested in supporting vivaldi, which is unfortunate, because both browser and plugin are great pieces of software.

• This post is deleted!

• @shobhitagarwal122 said in "Website would like to access your location":

I am 1 year late to this post but I would still like to help. I just installed Vivaldi and added the Momentum extension too.

Steps:

1. Open a new tab
    2. Click on the browser icon like shown in the previous post.
    3. Then click on site settings
    4. You will be brought to the momentum extension settings
    5. The first option is location, in my case I would like to block the location so I clicked block (You can change to allow if you want)
    6. Click the back button
    7. Click on location
    8. Uncheck blocked
    9. BAM YOU ARE DONE!!!

Also, this didn't work for me.

VB-31904 "With Momentum extension geolocation permissions broken"
    Is not fixed yet.

And the extension dev does not want check for fix? Not good.

• Fixed by setting the "New tab page" setting to the extension url, which can be
    found by right clicking the momentum page, and using "Copy Page Address"

I'm going to ask the dev if he'll consider supporting, since I just realized that I
    didn't really ask him, he just said he doesn't support at this time. Because I still
    can't get the address bar to auto focus.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.