is my laptop shit? (extensions breakdown)

• with the latest version of vivaldi and with executable parameters enable: "--process-per-site --enable-low-end-device-mode --enable-low-res-tiling" my browsing became slow as fuck, freezing as hell o____o i have windows 7 64bit and hp pavillion dv7 which is a lot heated suring summer. i can't even watch a youtube video :'( :'( :'( :'(

@wayrus what 3P security software do you run?

• @Ayespy you mean chromium extensions or windows softwares?

@wayrus The main possible culprit would be a Windows protection app of some kind. That said, certain noscript extensions have been known to kill Vivaldi.

• @wayrus Specifically security software, such as anti-viruses. In the past these have been suspected of causing vivaldi to slow down

@LonM Not merely suspected - proved.

• ok i have microsoft security essentials and 360 total security (in combination with its extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/360-internet-protection/glcimepnljoholdmjchkloafkggfoijh).

@wayrus The authors of 360 Total also publish their own browser in competition with Vivaldi. And 360 Total has been implicated in blocking Vivaldi in the past.

• @Ayespy omg -_____________ - what antivirus do i replace it with?! it was the only one free on the web to give complete protection :'( what will i do without this. i don't even have a firewall

@wayrus I don't use and don't recommend antivirus products (other than the built-in Windows Defender and Windows Firewall) But recently Avira got some good reports.

• @Ayespy ok thank you man i also have windows defender actually. i will unistall this 360 shit and maybe install something easier.

I don't have AV either but I had checked Avira in the past, it's very fast and reports show that it does a good job. When I used Avira I rarely had false positives and even when I did I sent them the files and it was removed from their database in less than a week.

@Ayespy said in is my laptop shit?:

That said, certain noscript extensions have been known to kill Vivaldi.

This was fixed by Chromium, now extensions can't fiddle with requests from other extensions/apps.

• i unistalled 360 antivirus but the freezes and lag continue :( i repeat this happened today with the new version!!

You can try installing a standalone version just to see if it's not your user profile.

• @An_dz how can i make a standalone version?

• @wayrus said in is my laptop shit?:

@An_dz how can i make a standalone version?

ok i made it.

• yes it is my friggin user profile. i think there is a serious conflict with the extensions. :(

• this is my list of extensions. do you know any problem or bug with them?

aaaaahnmcjcoomdncaekjkjedgagpnln : Contextual Search for YouTube : version 1_0_0_13
    aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb : Google Traduttore : version 2_0_6
    acmfnomgphggonodopogfbmkneepfgnh : Bookmark Favicon Changer : version 2_21
    ahfgeienlihckogmohjhadlkjgocpleb : Web Store : version 0_2
    aldklnbenbdgfgfbflalmlddkkndgnlc : List Layouts for Trello : version 3_1
    blffolihmbppalnhljlngommakcnkhhh : Grab Any Media : version 6_1_2_0
    cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm : uBlock Origin : version 1_13_8
    ckdcpbflcbeillmamogkpmdhnbeggfja : Do Not Track : version 0_1_1
    cknebhggccemgcnbidipinkifmmegdel : Alexa Traffic Rank : version 4_0_1
    cmjcmogcdofcljpojplgmfpheblcaehh : Easy WebRTC Block : version 1_1_0
    dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo : Tampermonkey : version 4_3_6
    dmdidbedhnbabookbkpkgomahnocimke : Trello : version 0_0_48
    edacconmaakjimmfgnblocblbcdcpbko : Session Buddy : version 3_6_2
    fbfjhllmkehmdajjlkolhdjjlfcmmlpl : Button for Pinterest™ : version 7_5_2
    fknaohlgfeleijccobadbaonmmialkfd : Quotempole : version 1_0_9
    fllaojicojecljbmefodhfapmkghcbnh : Componente aggiuntivo per disattiv. Analytics : version 1_1
    gbiekjoijknlhijdjbaadobpkdhmoebb : IBA Opt-out (by Google) : version 1_5
    gcbommkclmclpchllfjekcdonpmejbdp : HTTPS Everywhere : version 2017_7_18
    ieijbjcimmnfodcfgefococlmmkhodad : Pretty New Tab : version 1_0_1
    jeoacafpbcihiomhlakheieifhpjdfeo : Disconnect : version 5_18_23
    kmendfapggjehodndflmmgagdbamhnfd : CryptoTokenExtension : version 0_9_46
    lnboppjpcdnckcklbmjmdahfkpmgglec : Bookmark Checker : version 5_1_6
    mhjfbmdgcfjbbpaeojofohoefgiehjai : Chromium PDF Viewer : version 1
    mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli : Vivaldi : version 1_5
    ncmimagmhlfgfklemnpoehohcjhiioha : Auto HD Plus for YouTube™ : version 1_0_5
    omghfjlpggmjjaagoclmmobgdodcjboh : Browsec VPN - Free and Unlimited VPN : version 3_16_10
    pkedcjkdefgpdelpbcmbmeomcjbeemfm : Chrome Media Router : version 6017_605_1_4

• I've Panda Protect, cloud based similar to 360, but without the problems with Vivaldi

http://www.pandasecurity.com/spain/homeusers/solutions/free-antivirus/

• i'm finding out that the most problematic ones are Browsec VPN and Alexa Traffic Rank but also others. why this huge slowering problem?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.