Feature requests for 1.12

• FEATURE REQUEST: Persistent bookmark bar folder pop-up menu

Didn't know how to call it :), but here is what I mean:

Currently in the bookmark bar folder pop-up menu of vivaldi, everytime you click on any of the links the pop-up menu closes. My request is, when I ctrl+click to open a link in a new background tab, the pop-up should remain open, so I can open several links in a row...
    I use that a lot, because I have folders in there for several different tasks.
    Also when I right click on one of those links it should give the default right click options of vivaldi related to links...

I made an example:

alt text

Also, every other chromium browser behaves like this... It really speedup things.. so why not vivaldi? 🙂

Thanks..

• Links opened in a new tab should inherit the zoom setting of the parent if within the same domain. Some pages are just too small to read comfortably.

• Speed Dial: option to automatically use website favicons (square aspect ratio), much like Safari does.

alt text

• Javascript settings for individual pages like in Opera 12.
    This means for example to be able to allow Javascript for example.com while prohibiting Javascript control over right click setting for example.com/foo.

• Let the user change the size of quick dial's previews and their contents (for example snapshot of the site, favicon or plain text).

• -view download files (orginal: prędkość pobierania plików)
    -view download speed websites (orginal: prędkość pobierania stron)

• Add option: ( https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/13616/hide-the-navigation-bar-on-start-page )

.startpage-navigation {
    display: none !important;
    }
    alt text

• Start Bar as in Opera 12:
    0_1502478915464_ang.jpg

0_1502478926025_pol.jpg

• Make bookmarks (including quick dial shortcuts) have user defined settings (especially zoom setting). Currently we have to make the same changes to frequently used pages every day.

• Client e-mail as in Opera 12.

@pn4265 Being tested now.

• Panales could be similar to this ones in Opera

• Please add option to choose in reader mode preferences: show/hide pictures.

On normal websites I like to read with pictures, but in reading mode I always hide them. I would like the browser to remember my choice.

• Option to autoclose side panel menus (Bookmark, Downloads, Notes, History, etc) when clicking outside of it.

It's a little thing, but I think it would be great, specially for bookmarks panel, since we (at least I) use it just to click that one bookmark and then on to the webpage.

• @Tchelows You're more likely to get upvotes for you feature request if you provide an English translation.

@Pesala said in Feature requests for 1.12:

Ctrl+Click on Images to Save Them

Just like Opera 12.17

• Support for Firefox-like JSON export / import of bookmarks.

Importing bookmark files can:

1. Currently only be be done as an HTML file.

2. ADDS rather than replaces existing Vivalidi bookmarks.

I strongly prefer Firefox's approach to this. One can export and import bookmarks as JSON files. An import overwrites existing bookmarks. This makes it MUCH easier to exchange complete bookmarks sets between Firefox and Vivaldi...

• Make it much easier to clear search history.

It would be great to be able to right-click on the Search text entry area and choose Clear Search History.

1. I recall that there's a way to clear search history BUT it's nested two or three clicks deep in the Vivaldi menu -- I can't even remember where it is.

2. One-click extensions / plugins don't include Clear Search History. To get that ability from an extension one must choose one of the over-optioned / over-complicated extensions.

So it would be great if Search History was much easier...

• Implement smart popup with copy/search functions and unit/date/currency converter. This feature in Opera brings back the old days of innovation. It is very handy to copy/search with one click, instead of two clicks using the context menu. The converters are great accessibility features. You should add an inline translator too.

• @D0J0P I've been waiting for this feature since Vivaldi 1.0 Tech Preview 1! (Edit: The drag and drop UI feature)

• @SinonHyakuya It'd be a pretty powerful feature. It was in Opera 12 as well, so there's no question it'll appear in Vivaldi as well. It'll be nice to have so we can remove what we don't need, or put what we do need, and it'll increase the power user status of Vivaldi higher than it already is.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.