[Bug]? Drag-&-Drop tab lands on Wrong Monitor

• All,

Systems setup:
    Three monitors (e.g., M1, M2, M3), Windows 7 64b, Laptop, Vivialdi (latest)
    Three monitors (e.g., M1, M2, M3), Windows 10 64b, Destop, Vivialdi (latest)

Steps to duplicate the problem:

1. With Vivaldi open on M3,
    2. Multiple tabs active within Vivaldi
    3. Select a single tab (on M3) and drag-&-drop it to M1 ... It appears on M2 ... not M1
    4. Select a single tab (on M3) and drag-&-drop it to M2 ... It appears on M1 ... not M2
    5. Select Vivaldi (on M3) and drag-&-drop it to M1 ... It appears on M1 ... as expected
    6. Select Vivaldi (on M3) and drag-&-drop it to M2 ... It appears on M2 ... as expected
    7. Drag-&-Drop any other application's window onto a monitor and it appears on that monitor ... as expected

This has been happening for some time now and I just got a whole new laptop with a whole new Vivaldi installation ... and the "bug" occurs on that machine too (even though it is Windows 7???).

Any help as to 1) testing/confirming the problem and/or 2) telling me what I am doing wrong would be appreciated ... or if it is a bug ... I hope that Vivaldi can address it sometime soon.

Thanks is advance.

• @Aussie Bump ...

It's really quiet out there ... Really? Nobody else is seeing this? Wild!

I'll continue to work on it.

• I imagine not many users are both running a 3 monitor setup, and have read this thread.

Submit a bugreport: https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/

• For me it's even strange having 2 monitors. I know many people feel confortable with more than 1, but for me, looking at one it's more than enough =)

I remember some issues with Windwos Multimonitor setups in bugtracker where Vivaldi window opened in wrong monitor.
    But i can not test it as i have only a large single monitor.

@iAN-CooG said in [Bug]? Drag-&-Drop tab lands on Wrong Monitor:

For me it's even strange having 2 monitors.

If someone works with Desktop Publishing there is need of 2 monitors, one for Photoshop UI, the other larger for the picture. Or if programming one for the GUI and the second for output. And if gaming… and… and… so on.

@Aussie You should report the issue to Vivaldi.

If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.

How to do a bug report for Vivaldi
    Report each bug separately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU.
    Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.
    If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.