How to debug spatial navigation

• I've noticed on several websites that spatial navigation does not work, i.e. when I press shift + arrows, nothing happens at all. The indicator doesn't show up, nothing. Unfortunately, I can't remember all the urls where I noticed that, and the only one I can remember would require anyone to have a paid account in order to log in and experience the problem I described. So I would like to know if there's any way for me to personally debug and see why spatial navigation isn't showing? Also, any advice or opinion why this may be happening would be more than welcome. Thanks!

@tomica What's your OS? Do you use any extensions? What sort of hardware are you using?

• @Ayespy this is a general behaviour that I'm experiencing on any OS I try out. Personally I use Ubuntu Linux, the machine is Acer 5830. At work I use Windows 10 on Lenovo Yoga 12. On my previous job I used MacOS on Apple Macbook Pro 2015. I've also inspected the issue on numerous other combinations and configurations. The problem exists without an exception everywhere. This is also why I decided to post here under 'All platforms'.

@tomica Perhaps the question devolves to extensions. Testers do not see this problem anywhere, but you see it everywhere. We need to figure out the difference between your environment and numerous test environments.

• @Ayespy I never said I see it everywhere. Quite the contrary, I only see it on a handful of websites. Additionally, even though I do remember experiencing this problem, for the life of me I can't remember which exact websites I saw it on. And the only one site I am certain of would require a paid user account in order to access it.

All this is a reason I haven't provided any URLs, but that definitely does not go to say that this problem exists everywhere for me.

• @tomica said in How to debug spatial navigation:

The problem exists without an exception everywhere.

you wrote this 2 posts above, if you meant something else, that wording doesn't leave much space for different interpretation

• @iAN-CooG Agreed.
    Taking the full context of that post, I now believe he was referring to ALL Operating Systems and NOT all websites.

@tomica Maybe if you raise a detailed bug report you could give example urls; the devs may be able to obtain a test login to investigate further.

• @iAN-CooG I'm sorry for the confusion. My wording does leave room for misinterpretation when used outside of its actual context. When I wrote 'everywhere', what I was referring to were the environments that Vivaldi is run under. To be specific, the problem occurs only on certain specific web pages, regardless of the hardware and operating system that Vivaldi runs on. I hope I'm making more sense now.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.