Is vivaldi is really effective than chrome

• Google chrome is the most successful browser it is a google product.
    but really vivaldi effective than chrome in any way.

@jejjy123 Define "effective." Can I get more work done in less time In Vivaldi than I can in Chrome? Absolutely. Does Vivaldi DO more of the things I want a browser to do? For sure. Is this "effective" in your book?

• Chrome v. 60 vs Vivaldi v.1,10
    Even so, Vivaldi is much faster, more efficient, has more functions and uses fewer resources, apart from having better privacy

• No, not really. I don't think they even have a complete way to even turn off hardware acceleration.
    It uses more resources too.
    If you were comparing to Firefox I would still say no because Firefox, even in it's fallen state, has proper fullscreen browsing with the mouse hover over UI feature.
    I also don't think features justify resources. Especially when you don't use every single "feature".

@Catweazle said in Is vivaldi is really effective than chrome:

Chrome v. 60 vs Vivaldi v.1,10
    Even so, Vivaldi is much faster, more efficient, has more functions and uses fewer resources, apart from having better privacy

Lol, how is it faster? Stop throwing around propaganda that is clearly not true. You obviously don't use browsers like a workhorse. Fewer resources? pfft
    Maybe you are mistaking speed for acceleration and faster animations.

• @ybnrmalatall, hi, test with speedometer from Apple Vivaldi and Chrome 60 are at the same speed. Vivaldi slightly faster.
    Memory usage is a bit higher but marginal on modern systems.
    Firefox is so laggy on my Laptop I cant use it anymore, only for testing or so.

Cheers, mib

• @ybnrmalatall
    For me Features justify resources. I use a lot of the build in features from vivaldi which indeed needs a bit more RAM than chrome. (In average running them side by side with the same sites vivaldi takes about 2-3% more RAM than chrome on a PC with 8GB RAM which is no big deal for me)
    But this is only stock chrome(60) versus stock vivaldi (1.11) when I load all the extensions into chrome to rebuild the functionality of a stock vivaldi chrome uses between 15-20% more RAM.
    Your comparsion is like taking a basic car and compare it's fuel consumption to an offroad vehicle. Yes the basic car wins but only as long as you don't drive offroad.

• @Regnas said in Is vivaldi is really effective than chrome:

@ybnrmalatall

alt text

oooh, so snarky. They don't have a way in the proper settings. That is called a workaround.

@mib2berlin said in Is vivaldi is really effective than chrome:

@ybnrmalatall, hi, test with speedometer from Apple Vivaldi and Chrome 60 are at the same speed. Vivaldi slightly faster.
    Memory usage is a bit higher but marginal on modern systems.
    Firefox is so laggy on my Laptop I cant use it anymore, only for testing or so.

Cheers, mib

speedometer from Apple
    Also, if firefox is having trouble on your computer, it's something you are doing or you are running a potatoe.
    I also didn't say anything about performance, I said something about the fullscreen browsing with the dropdown tab ui with a mouse hover.

@zaibon said in Is vivaldi is really effective than chrome:

@ybnrmalatall
    For me Features justify resources. I use a lot of the build in features from vivaldi which indeed needs a bit more RAM than chrome. (In average running them side by side with the same sites vivaldi takes about 2-3% more RAM than chrome on a PC with 8GB RAM which is no big deal for me)
    But this is only stock chrome(60) versus stock vivaldi (1.11) when I load all the extensions into chrome to rebuild the functionality of a stock vivaldi chrome uses between 15-20% more RAM.
    Your comparsion is like taking a basic car and compare it's fuel consumption to an offroad vehicle. Yes the basic car wins but only as long as you don't drive offroad.

No it's the the same comparison, comparing an offroad vehicle to a regular vehicle is stupid. I'm comparing two cars with the same engine for the same purpose, except one uses more fuel because of the cup holder somehow.
    Or I'm comparing the same vehicle but one is a ricer and uses more fuel.

I would love to use this browser but what is the point when it's just a browser that can mostly be done with extensions? Vivaldi should be an extension company. I refuse to drive around a ricer.

• @jejjy123 "Google chrome is the most successful browser" --> this statement is highly disputed [or to deploy an esoteric tech term; crap]. You appear to associate occurrence with effectiveness, when in reality there is no logical or technical nexus between these two independent concepts. If i allow myself to make a little mischief here, there was a time that bubonic plague also had a very high occurrence rate...

"it is a google product" --> exactly, & hence will never find a place in any of my PCs & devices.

Chrome is a browser for pre-schoolers.

Closing this before it devolves into a flame war.

There are strong arguments for providing feedback to improve a browser you want to use. There is no point in slagging off a browser you don't want to use. Those who want to use Vivaldi should press for improvements. Those who merely want to denigrate Vivaldi need to go to forums where their entirely negative comments are welcomed with kisses, flowers, and open arms.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.