Stacked tabs ordering problems

• I'm having a lot of trouble ordering tabs within stacks. If I add a tab to an existing stack, it takes the first position, and I don't see how to rearrange the stack's internal order.

Also, in making the attempt, somehow I brought other unwanted tabs into the stack. I have no idea how that happened, but using a dark theme, I find it hard to see the stack's color confirmation of a tab being added.

I hope the stacking function gets polished a bit in the near future. Thanks.

I'm in the latest stable release on Linux.

• You could change the color of the tab stack indicator, would need a custom modification though.

• Thanks, but I'll pass on that.

• This workaround is effective, but pretty clumsy, & certainly inelegant. I look forward to the day that i can cease this, but until then...

1. Install the Tabs Pane extension.
    2. Open Tabs Pane in a new tab, then pin it.
    3. Reduce its page zoom small enough to fit all your open tabs without needing to scroll [i keep mine at 40%, given i always have dozens of tabs open].
    4. Whenever you need to manually reorder tabs in a stack, go to this tab, identify the target tab, & drag it to the desired position.

I began using this extension years prior to Vivaldi, & in all other chromium-based browsers it works as intended, ie, gives the actual tab thumbnails. I began using V in Feb 2015, although it was some time later before extensions could be reliably installed. This was one of the first extensions i installed in V, & have retained it ever since... despite the disappointment that it does not [usually] display the actual thumbnails [every now & then, but rarely, it sometimes shows some of them... mostly not however], specifically for the reason you've posted about. Once V finally supports effective & efficient tab rearrangement in stacks, i'll remove this extension.

• Thanks for confirming the problem and for the possible workaround, @Steffie. I'll keep that in mind. At present I'm going to live with the problem.

Did you mean Tabs Panel? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-panel/kaklldaepoppngjnfpnkgnmlihilkioa?hl=en-US

• A method to stack tabs reliably is by selecting them first with Ctrl+Click or Ctrl+Shift+Click, then use the right-click menu, New tab-stack from selection.

• @Steffie Thanks again. Odd that didn't come up with my initial search.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.