Vivaldi window captures Print Screen key

• Hi! Today I located bug, that drove me crazy for a while now.
    When Vivaldi window is focused I can't use Print Screen key, it seems like browser captures keystrokes.
    What I done to fix it:

• checked that in hotkeys PrintScreen is not mapped to any action
    • then disabled hotkeys altogether
    • then checked that there is no additional options for "Vivaldi Capture"

What else can I do to make Print Screen work again in Vivaldi? As for now to take a screnshot using GreenShot, I need to change window focus and then capture part of browser window that I need.

• I suspect something else is capturing PrtScreen in your system, for me it copies whole screen to clipboard normally when Vivaldi is focused.

• Yes, it's actually even more strange.

• I have GreenShot installed, it intercepts PrnScreen and Alt+PrnScreen
    • It works in avery app on my PC besides Vivaldi
    • in Vivaldi PrnScreen just copies whole screen to clipboard, but Alt+PrnScreen launches GreenShot as it should
    • just remembered one more important thing - on Win7 before migrating to Win10 all worked perfectly fine :disappointed_relieved:

• I'm not sure if it is related, but the add-on Screengrab! does not work with Vivaldi. If I do a Preview-Complete Page, or even Visible Portion, it acts like it is doing the capture, then it opens a new tab as expected, but then there is nothing in that page. It is blank. In other screen capture add-ons, I can sometimes get the page to display, but when I do a copy and try to paste in OneNote, I get nothing. I suspect these are bugs in Vivaldi since all these add-ons seem to fail in one way or another. BTW, Screengrab! for Firefox works great. Also while the Vivaldi screen capture menu item seems to work, I would like an add-on since I want a 1-button capture rather than force me to navigate menus like the Vivaldi screen capture.

I can't see that Vivaldi grabs Print and Alt+Print keystrokes.
    I tested it on Windows 10.

• @TonyK132 said in Vivaldi window captures Print Screen key:

I would like an add-on since I want a 1-button capture rather than force me to navigate menus like the Vivaldi screen capture.

Well, there are 4 assignable keyboard shortcuts for that in keyboard settings, "Capture page to file", "Capture page to Clipboard", "Capture Area to File" and "Capture Area to Clipboard". Isn't enough?

• @Gwen-Dragon Tested IE11, FireFox, Chrome and they are all work fine, but sadly not Vivaldy.

Print Screen works on WIn 10x64 and i tested Greenshot 1.2.9 (without Greenshot extensions) on 1.11.917.22 Snapshot and 1.10.867.48 Stable (64-Bit) .
    Print and Alt+Print works!

The problem is your installation.

• If in GreenShot I remap the same action from PrnScreen to for example Ctrl+PrnScreen, then it starts to work in Vivaldi, but that's not convenient.

Why do you need remapping? Greenshot works out of the box after installing it on Windows 7.

Do you have special Vivaldi or Windows shortcut settings?

• @Gwen-Dragon Well, it seems it's time to reinstall my windows.
    For me Greenshot+Vivaldi didn't work right after clean installation of win10 x64.
    Thanks for all the responses!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.