Blank screen, can't do anything after the update.
I was using vivaldi for a long time, i updated it today and got this blank screen. There is nothing but white everywhere. I did reinstall, pc reboot, running as an admin.
Perhaps your session files are broken.
Open Windows Taskmanager
Watch for running Vivaldi processes and terminate them
Open your profile at
Delete files Current Tabs , Last Tabs , Last Session , Current Session
I tried and that's what i got from every single file: Probably the element is no longer in C: \ MATI \ AppData \ Local \ Vivaldi \ User Data \ Default. As i said, i reinstalled it a few times with different versions, i couldn't start a session, so there won't be any files.
May that happend to be a broken Vivaldi profile
Sorry to hear about such trouble.
- Backup your old data from %LOCALAPPDATA%\Vivaldi\User Data\Default
- Reset profile as described in https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/
- You may restore the important files Bookmarks, Notes, Login Data and copy them to new profile at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\
- You have to reinstall extensions (if you have any)
- You have to redo your Settings
Does this help?
Well, i couldn't reset profile because all i see is a white square that should be the browser itself, but i deleted everything that is connected to vivaldi, then reinstalled it again and it works now fine, now i have to get my bookmarks from the copy you told me to do and set my themes and extensions again.
Thank you very much for your time, i appreciate it.