Amazon Website Keeps Crashing Vivaldi browser

• Vivaldi 1.10.867.48 (Stable channel) (64-bit)

Is anyone getting this same problem? It just occurs with the amazon.com, not the amazon.es, for example.

Other than that, it is stable, until now.

Tnx

@zemonte Thanks very much for your post. I just replicated the crash on my system -- It looks like the same bug/crash that other users have been experiencing over the last several weeks. It only affects some Macs but the Chromium developers may be blacklisting more graphics chipsets, and the crash occurs on Macs where GPU hardware acceleration has been disabled.

I have a temporary workaround: override the blacklist. This should stop the crash from occurring and resolve some media playback issues as well:

Go to vivaldi://flags and Enable the "Override software rendering list" flag; it's the first entry on the page. Then hit the Relaunch button at the bottom of the page.

FYI, I've let the folks at Vivaldi know that this bug is impacting more and more Mac users.

Edit: For Mac users that intentionally disabled "Use hardware acceleration when available" in the Chromium settings, you need to re-enable this option.

• @zemonte As someone who has experienced frequent crashes with the default Vivaldi configuration on 1.10, I can say that the workaround that @xyzzy has posted does work. I've had it applied for about a week now, and Amazon does not crash the browser at all for me. Give it a try!

• @xyzzy Tank you for the tip, i'll try that solution.

• @Shrinra OK, i've changed the setting. Tank you

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.