setting open in a new background tab option in web panels.

• when surfing sites like hacker news, it would help lots if we can set up to open in a background tab by default all links, same goes for FB and Twitter and other websites that usually link content.

making this just a click away.

i dont know if there is a plug in for that

• @zikkeratak There are already two ways to open links in the background: Middle-click or right-click, open in background tab.

• I have a mouse pad on a laptop, so no middle click.

and right click is two steps, right click then select open in background tab, what i mean is to have settings to enable open all links in background tab in web panels

@zikkeratak And ctrl+click or cmd+click is not a viable option for you?

• Another option on laptops is clicking both buttons at the same time and/or right click, then mouse pad down > up.
    Mouse gestures are working on laptop pads too.

Cheers, mib

• @Ayespy The way I see it is that webpanel can be used to check on websites that may have upgrades on info very often.

so,why not having a way to set open in a new tab or a background tab by default... like twitter, (lots of links and each link you click sends you to another tab) same way I'm thinking for webpanels since it is a reduce size, opening links on the same webpanel is not useful.

i understand it can be done in 2 different ways already but why not to have only for webpanels the option to open in another tab or background tab by default?

@mib2berlin all options now required 2 clicks (or like me, if you don't click 2 mouse buttons at same time gets all messy), this will set a by default open all links in web panel in a background tab (a million dollar idea!!!, kidding)

• It's not a bad idea, in webpanels you mostly want to stay on the exact site you opened, forward and backward mouse gestures don't work, and the toolbar just takes away space.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.