Too Difficult to Stack Tabs

• Does anyone else find that it is harder to stack tabs than it should be?

This seems to have got noticeably harder in recent versions.

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit • Snapshot 1.11.915.3 (64-bit)

@Pesala Seems about the same here. They stack earlier in the drag than they used to, but as soon as you notice that, it's easy.

• @Pesala No, still good for me here.

I only wish that i could predict the final sequence the individual tabs will be in once stacked... typically it bears scant resemblance to my intended sequence. Kinda like a random number generator, but for tabs.

@Steffie I know how to predict it.

• @Ayespy You do know, doncha, that in a parallel universe it's ME having the inside V run, with you a humble proletarian V user, & i am mercilessly teasing you with these juicy titbit hints...

You're a cruel man :-)

• There is no visual indication that tabs will stack, as there is in Opera 12.17.

0_1501313961915_Visual Indication.png

@Pesala There is here. As soon as I slide the top tab onto the bottom one, the bottom one turns dark - which means I'm in "stack position." If I move it a tad further, it lightens, meaning I have passed the sweet spot.

@Steffie The tab you are sliding onto the other one always stays to the left. Keeping that in mind, you can always stack in order.

Some versions before (i remember 1.9) the stacking was very uneasy for me as the mouse movement was too fine, moving and stacking could not be used. Now it is better in 1.10 and 1.11.
    May be i am too :older_woman: for such fine movements.
    Accessability is important – we all are getting older and could have disabilities at any age.

• @Pesala said in Too Difficult to Stack Tabs:

Does anyone else find that it is harder to stack tabs than it should be?

Yes.

@Pesala said in Too Difficult to Stack Tabs:

Does anyone else find that it is harder to stack tabs than it should be?

Yes, me.

• Ignoring for a moment any visual cues, it does seem as if tabs tend to "jump about" when trying to stack them.

Just my opinion, but I would prefer it if tabs never stacked when you were moving them about, unless a certain key (e.g. Shift) was pressed, at which point no tabs would jump about and your current tab would try to stack with whatever was currently under the cursor.

• @LonM If that was optional, for those who preferred it that way, that'd be fine. However if that became the new, only, way, i'd be unhappy... i dislike having to use keyboard & mouse simultaneously for basic operations. I vastly prefer mouse-only, & to that extent, the current method suits me to a tee. Clearly though, the current way is not favoured by some, so this is yet another instance where multiple options are needed to suit the broadest user preferences.

• Vivaldi Voice

For Tab Stacking to improve it might be a good idea to share some of that stacking with Chrome and Opera. At least with webext community.

Things are changing much anyhow: Firefox transitioning to webext as we speak. Huh!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.