Vivaldi Portable

• So I found a way to have Vivaldi somewhat portable. It IS NOT official, and may break in the future. Also, it currently ONLY works with PortableApps! But, I might edit the source code and send it to Vivaldi. Or add it as a feature request later. But for now, here is Vivaldi Portable!

Download the latest Vivaldi Installer, and run it. Click the "Advanced" button at the bottom. Set Vivaldi to download as a standalone browser to wherever you want it. If PortableApps is installed at the location, create a new folder in the Vivaldi install folder named App. Inside of the App folder create a new folder named AppInfo. Inside of AppInfo, create a .ini file named appinfo.ini. According to the PortableApps Format site, this ini file includes some app data for PortableApps. (if you are lost, read the website. it will tell you where everything goes). Here is my Vivaldi AppInfo script:

[Format]
    Type=PortableApps.comFormat
    Version=3.4

[Details]
    Name=Vivaldi
    AppID=VivaldiPortable
    BaseAppName=Vivaldi
    Publisher=Vivaldi Technologies
    Homepage=Vivaldi.com
    Category=Internet
    Description=Browser
    Language=Multilingual
    Trademarks=Vivaldi is a trademark of Vivaldi Technologies
    InstallType=

[License]
    Shareable=false
    OpenSource=false
    Freeware=true
    CommercialUse=true
    EULAVersion=1

[Version]
    PackageVersion=1.10.867.48
    DisplayVersion=1.10.867.48

[SpecialPaths]
    Plugins=NONE

[Dependencies]
    UsesGhostscript=optional
    UsesJava=no
    UsesDotNetVersion=

[Control]
    Icons=1
    Start=vivaldi.exe
    ExtractIcon=vivaldi.exe
    ExtractName=vivaldi.exe

Copy all that text into the appinfo.ini file we created, and PortableApps will put Vivaldi in the Internet section, and not have Vivaldi Update Notifier showing.

To update Vivaldi, you update the app, THEN you have to change the appinfo.ini script. Search for [Version] and change the PackageVersion and DisplayVersion to the installed Vivaldi version.

Hope this helps!

IsJSRZNM

• Oh, and by the way, IsJSRZNM is a separate account on Vivaldi.net. I accidentally posted using it. Next time, it will be under the Nanotech account. Sorry for the confusion! :)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.