The browser stops responding if IDM is enabled in extensions

• Internet Download Manager(IDM) extension if enabled in vivaldi://chrome/extensions stops the working of the browser. I am attaching the screenshot also. I have also reported the same via Bug Wizard. [attachment=770]Vivaldi.png[/attachment] Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/23072/Vivaldi.png[/img]

Extensions are not yet officially supported in Vivaldi. At all. Once extension support is released in the interface, one imagines things like this will be looked at.

• @Ayespy Other extensions are working fine. Do you think I should write to IDM customer support? It might be possible that they in the lastest release didn't consider about Vivaldi. Or should I wait for extension support for Vivaldi?

• For me it is the same problem, just no support for idm, you have to wait, it is one of the first things that I'm missing (a lot of downloading) and must therefore use a different browser :angry:

@utksingh:

@Ayespy Other extensions are working fine. Do you think I should write to IDM customer support? It might be possible that they in the lastest release didn't consider about Vivaldi. Or should I wait for extension support for Vivaldi?

I think it's impossible to predict what the exact shape of extension compatibility in Vivaldi will be at this early stage, so it's wise to wait until Vivaldi developers flesh that out, before trying to get anyone to do anything.

For instance, I have only had even passing interest in five extensions for Vivaldi. Of these five, only one works. The others require some interaction with the UI or have a Vivaldi-"prohibited" file structure, and so cannot be installed - or, if they will install, they don't do anything. Problems like this are to be expected before Vivaldi even implements extension support.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.