Memory crashes low

• It is probably just me but on Win 7 64 bit with 8 Gig, 118.2 VaValdi 32 Bit running newest Still getting low memory warnings no other browser does this with more tabs,open. Checked taskmaster, it is just eating up my memory.

• @Dovelove:

It is probably just me but on Win 7 64 bit with 8 Gig, 118.2 VaValdi 32 Bit running newest

Still getting low memory warnings no other browser does this with more tabs,open. Checked taskmaster, it is just eating up my memory.

How many tabs, how many extensions? I've got the same setup (Win7-64, 8Gb RAM, 118.2 Vivaldi) and I've not run into a low-mem issue yet. With just a single tab view open (to this web-page) and 1 optional extension, it's running 575 Mb.

@Dovelove:

It is probably just me but on Win 7 64 bit with 8 Gig, 118.2 VaValdi 32 Bit running newest

Still getting low memory warnings no other browser does this with more tabs,open. Checked taskmaster, it is just eating up my memory.

Hmm, yeah. Doesn't seem typical. On Win 8.1 X64, my Vivaldi uses a little bit more memory than Chrome, which uses a little more than new Opera. But with Vivaldi and three more foreground programs plus 55 other background processes (some using up to 185K of memory apiece) running, my memory usage with nine tabs (for all programs combined) is hovering right around 37% of the 10Gb I have available. If, in addition, I open up my ultimate memory hog Quickbooks, plus my most resource-hungry image processing app, Vivaldi apparently releases some memory back, because total usage only climbs to 42%. CPU usage is hovering between 3 and 4 percent.

Seems 8GB of RAM should handle Vivaldi and several other foreground apps effortlessly - like a walk in the park. You should probably be running, with several things open, at aroud 50%-55% total memory usage.

[attachment=769]screencap.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• Go to this Windows forum heading TOPIC: VIVALDO JUST CRASHED ON ME

One person had 30 and one 60 open, I had about 55 but unlike FF I think ViValdi opens all tabs to sites when you open browser. I can't explin why I do bu got in the habit instead of bookmarks when I lost Opera 12.16 and the bookmarks I loved in it. Had used it so long it was natural still I had a lot of open Tabs at last point in it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.