Copy & paste shortcuts constantly fail

• Recently this has become a real headache for me: copying something from Vivaldi using the keyboard shortcuts basically never works.

I copy something, then paste it to a text editor, and a totally different thing gets pasted. Usually it's something copied from some other app before. Then I have to go back to Vivaldi and copy the thing again using the context menu.

Can't say exactly when this started. Maybe two-three months ago?

• Same issue here, really painful – Only right-click/copy works fine.

I suspect this is related to the performance regressions seen on the last few releases. It's reached the stage where some of my colleagues moved back to Chrome.. And I'm not far from doing the same.

More surprisingly, I can't find any traces of anybody working on this, anywhere (blog?).

Please, fix it, Vivaldi is a great web browser but without decent performances, we can't use it.

Before you anyone ask, note that I did remove all my extensions and the problem persists, only solution is to restart the browser every 30 minutes.

If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report each bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    if you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU.
    Add a link to a testpage where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.
    If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

• Reported!

Thanks.
    But I see we already have a reopened report, VB-25997 "Copy-Paste stops working outside of Vivaldi"

• Vivaldi Team

Hi, we are investigating the issue, thanks for the reports!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.