see certificate information

• Hello

I just noticed that it isn't possible anymore to view the details of the SSL certificate with which a page is signed. At least I didn't find out how to view the certificate and this is bad, because this certainly should be a "one click" thing.
    If I click on the gree lock thingy I just get some settings but not the relevant information.

IMHO it's quite a serious maldevelopment if such a basic thing like seeing the certificate information isn't possible anymore. Every browser I know had this feature for ages... whats going on?

• Hi, please add your Vivaldi version and your system specs.
    Iirc it is a regression but you can use Developer Tools (F12) > Security > View Certificate. It is a bit roundabout but possible.

Cheers, mib

• it has been moved some releases ago by chromium devs, now you can either

• f12 for dev tools, security tab
    • vivaldi://flags/#show-cert-link and enable it (in latest 1.11 snapshots) to have a link in the site info

• Hey, iAN was faster. :)

• Hi

I'm running Vivaldi 1.10.867.48 on a Kubuntu 14.04 machine.

The way with developer tools etc. seems quite inconvenient and the setting "show-cert-link" doesn't seem to be available in my version. But maybe it's added in some future version?

Does anybody know what the Chromium guys where thinking when making this change? I mean it seems rather obvious to me that this change somehow reduces the whole SSL thing to absurdity. At least partially.
    (On some pages I dont' even see to who the certificate was issued in the green bar...)

• @b00nish the flag exists in current 1.11 Snapshot and will come in a Stable.

The chromium guys saw that removing information from teh SSL badge was bad so they added the flag for Chromium/60 builds to add a link in badge to cert information.

• @b00nish said in see certificate information:

But maybe it's added in some future version?

it's exactly why I specified "in latest 1.11 snapshots"

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.