[Resolved] Street View

• Hi, I needed Google Maps Street View today and realize it does not work in Vivaldi. Cant find something with forum search.
    Could anybody check this for me?
    I search mostly in Berlin but should not make any difference where you looking for.

Opensuse Leap 42.1 x86_64
    CPU Intel T4200 4 GB
    GPU Intel GN 965
    xf86-video-intel 2.99.917-6.1
    Vivaldi latest snapshot 1.11.904.3

Cheers, mib

• It seems to be working for me, and i'm on the latest snapshot. some followup may help tease out the issue:

a) What precisely do you mean by "it doesn't work"
    b) Do you have any extensions installed

• Thanks for testing.
    It shows a black screen more or less.

0_1500562615429_Spectacle_TT5065.png

I have uBlock origin, Agent switcher (Switched to Chrome default for the test)
    and Disable HTML autoplay.
    All switch to off during test.

Cheers, mib

• It looks like either A) the images are not being downloaded properly or B ) they're not being rendered in 3d properly

To see if it is 'A', open the street view page, press F12 and click on the network pane. when you browse around street view you should see images being downloaded with a status code like 200. if its something else, there may be a problem with a firewall or some other network tool.

0_1500564930679_Clipboard03.jpg

You can also try running vivaldi without hardware acceleration, to see if that helps. Go to the url chrome://settings/ (not vivaldi settings) and in the search at the top type hardware acceleration (it may be called something else in your language), and try to toggle this and restart, to see if that helps.

0_1500564942589_Clipboard02.jpg

Some followup questions: Was this working previously? Have you recently updated your graphics drivers?

• Hi again, after some testing I found the reason.
    I was in "Lite" mode, no idea what this is but if I switch to Full Google Map mode all images of the grid are loading.
    The switch is the small lightning symbol at bottom of the page.
    Thank you for your help, sometimes you need simply to ask to find the answer. :)

Cheers, mib

• @mib2berlin said in Street View:

"Lite" mode, no idea what this is

I read a brief description once it's a sort of "limited version of street view for better view(?) on old browsers or computers". Don't use that, it's bad XD

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.