Install only once, second install on USB-stick not possible
Hi everybody, as the install is possible only once, a second install on USB-stick is not possible. Is it right to post here or should I rather send it through the new bug form? regards, Thomas
… the install is possible only once, a second install on USB-stick is not possible. ...
What do you mean? How does the problem seem to occur or unfold for you?
Okay, let me describe what happened.
1. I did install Vivaldi on PC, all fine and working.
2. I wanted to install Vivaldi in portable Version on USB-Stick so I can use it at work, where I have no admin rights to install it.
3. I start setup.
4. I get start screen Vivaldi setup with 3 Buttons:
- Accept and Upgrade
5. I choose advanced to get to "install portable".
6. I get another dialog with 3 fields:
- Installation type
- Destination folder
7. Under "Installation type" I would have been able to choose "portable installation", this is disabled, I cant use this choice.
=> I cannot install Vivaldi a second time with setting "portable", I only would be able to overwrite the yet existing installation on harddisk.
That is the error - for me. Only choice might be to uninstall Vivaldi and install it "only" portable on disk and then copy to USB-stick, what I would find not good.
1. Select the directory in which you plan to install a portable version.
2. Select the version you want to install
Working properly checked.