Tabs Stall Before Loading Pages

• For the past week or so, Vivaldi has started stalling for at least 5 seconds before loading pages. I've just deleted my profile and re-installed completely. There are no extensions running. But even after a clean install, the stalling problem is still there. I've turned off hardware acceleration as well.

I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• What version are you using?

• Sorry. Forgot to mention I'm using the current version 1.10.867.48

• I have same problem, even worse. Starting and opening new tab takes over 10 seconds (even help - about page).
    I'm not sure if this started already last week. I made new install, version now is 1.10.867.48 (Stable channel) (32-bit).

@the_surfer Run any 3rd party security software?

• @the_surfer I have been having the same problem. Very seldom is it as little as five seconds, usually 15-30 seconds, and frequently sites do not load at all. It's not just sites loading in tabs, sites loading in the same tab are delayed the same way.

In another thread several monitors criticize the posters for not posting enough information and claim that Vivaldi has no problems, so you and I seem to be some sort of mavericks.

All I can say is that I'm using a good, virus-free computer running Windows 7, and when I use Opera or Firefox site loading is essentially instantaneous. The problem that I am encountering occurs only when I use Vivaldi, so I don't think the problem is me, my computer or my internet connection as the Vivaldi team seems to think it is.

I do run Avast, but I run it while using Firefox and Opera as well as when using Vivaldi, so Avast is not the problem

• @Ayespy just Avast, but I've been running Vivaldi for a while and it's always been a smooth browser up until now. I'm pretty good about keeping my computer clean and safe from malware and spyware so this definitely has to be a browser issue.

@the_surfer No, it doesn't. Yesterday, a user who had used Avast and Vivaldi together for months, had to whitelist Vivaldi files and processes for the first time to get rid of delays that appeared in the last few snapshots. Avast appears to be seizing and scanning Vivaldi files (again - this was a problem over a year ago) before allowing them to execute.

• @Ayespy That's a first for me since I've been using Vivaldi, and I've been using it for quite a long time now. Maybe I just got lucky and haven't run into that problem. I'll try doing that and see if it fixes the delay. Thanks.

• I'm using Avast + Vivaldi. I haven't had problems before with this combination. Maybe I have to check Avast configuration too.

• I did reinstall Vivaldi and installed Vivaldi (application) to different folder than C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Vivaldi
    That seems to help, for me at least.

• @Ayespy Whitelisting Vivalid's files from Avast did not work for me.

• Have you checked the developer tools (Ctrl-Shift-I) to see if there are any console messages? I've been having a similar problem on a system (Windows 10 Enterprise x64) with no third-party security software (just Windows Defender). There are a lot of messages about web fonts similar to the following:

Slow network is detected. Fallback font will be used while loading: https://d2oz8i5n9se8ej.cloudfront.net/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.woff

Do you see anything similar?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.