Discussing a tech idea (startup)

• Hey (-:

Say you have a billion+ dollar idea that could disrupt the entertainment industry, really open a new horizon, but you cannot share it with giants such as Google, Netflix, Facebook, because they aren't interested in unsolicited proposals.

What do you do? The idea behind the idea is empowerment of the people. Of you and me. But we, the people, are so fragmented, it's impossible to get anybody's attention if you are not a "influencer", and to become an influencer one needs to mingle with other influencer, who are more often than not selfish pricks, who like the companies above, don't care what you have to say, but only want you to hear what they have to say.

Even the crowdfunding platforms are useless if you are not a part of a tribe, which I am not. I was always a loner, and sought answers inside my own mind.

So yes, now I have something to share, but no one to share it with. Since I consider people who use Vivaldi cool by default, I came here asking for advice. What would you do if you were in a situation like mine? (-:

• @Aliante Share the idea right here with the awesome Vivaldi folks obviously.

• That's tricky for the obvious selfish reasons ("protecting the idea"). So I guess that is what I forgot to mention. Is it anyhow possible to protect the idea before sharing it with the world.

What crossed my mind is to start an Indiegogo campaign, and then share it with multiple online communities, those that value freedom, education, net neutrality, etc. But would an even better idea be to create an actual company, bare-bones, with a proof of concept of the idea, and then proceed?

I've read bunch of stuff on the net about startups, angel investors, and whatnot, but it just led to more confusion :/

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.