some bold fonts are badly rendered in snapshot 1.11.901.3 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

• After upgrading snapshot to 1.11.901.3 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)
    some of bold fonts are poorly rendered on Google pages, here is the example on GMail login page:
    0_1499857021961_upload-ae9291f9-13ed-491b-b4b2-10c1ded207c2

I have been noticing the same problem on Vivaldi Forum page:
    0_1499857328516_upload-a0ac222b-0f93-481b-b6c2-0cb99fa91158

• Did you check your Linux font anti-aliasing settings?
    • Do you have set font substitution in Linux?
    • Do you block web-fonts?
      Google login page uses font Roboto.

• @Gwen-Dragon Why should I? I haven't changed anything in the X.org settings. The Vivaldi was upgraded, that is all. Chrome, Firefox and Opera are all rendering the fonts correctly.

• Then it is a problem on your distribution.

I do not get such rendering problems for fonts on Ubuntu 17 and Debian 8.8.

Does this font issue happen only on Google pages or on other ones?

• [I just noticed, that this topic is marked resolved, so I posted my problem as a new topic. However, I seemingly don't have enough reputation to delete (my own) post.]

Using the Vivaldi 1.11.901.3 dev snapshot I have severe rendering problems, too. I have antialiasing completely turned off in my system.

While in the stable branch (1.10.867.48) the fonts are crystal clear (as expected), the fonts in the dev branch are very badly rendered (this affects the UI, as well as all websites, including the internal ones like vivaldi://about)!

Here is a side-by-side comparison of Vivaldi stable (left) and dev (right):
    0_1500116099106_rendering.png

The system font settings (Debian Jessie) haven't been changed in a long time, but the xserver was updated. However the stable Vivaldi version doesn't suffer this problem.

So my question is, does anybody know what has changed in Vivaldi regarding font rendering (e.g. which settings are now relevant, which weren't before)?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

• @Jacek.Pawlyta

Chrome, Firefox and Opera are all rendering the fonts correctly.

Chromium/GChrome Beta?
    Always mention that if you do use Vivaldi Snapshot to compare with Chromium product.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.