Experience difficulties to drag a link.

• I've using vivaldi for years. Really great browser.
    But I have difficulties to drag a link, and I found out I have to drag it down or up to drag a link. But, still it is not so pleasant to do so. This behavior what make me always use other browser to do my stuff. For example when I use external download manager which support drag and drop, and have a drop box feature. I usually put it on the left/right side. It's annoying/difficult to drag a link this way, especially if I don't use a mouse. It's so much pain to do this with vivaldi, so I resort to other browser just to do this easily. I don't really need other browser, so I wish I can get rid of them for good.
    So, for the developers. Can you consider to remove this behavior and change it with the same behavior that other browser use. Most if not all browser that I ever use I can hold alt key if I want to select the text within link. Or at least make an option if people wanted to use other behavior.

• It's the legacy behaviour. Old opera had exactly the functionality we have now -- select links left/right, drag links up/down. But it was only reintroduced relatively recently. I used to run a userscript to get this functionality, and overall it's more flexible than just being able to drag and drop. But yeah, it's a matter of taste.

I imagine you could run a userscript to prevent links from being selected. After a short search I couldn't find one though.

• @cholif said in Experience difficulties to drag a link.:

Most if not all browser that I ever use I can hold alt key if I want to select the text within link. Or at least make an option if people wanted to use other behavior.

Firefox uses the Alt key to select text in links. I could see no way to do it at all in IE11.

I suspect that Chrome does the same as Vivaldi. Opera 12.17 and Opera 43 both use the same method of dragging sideways.

Post in the Feature Requests thread if you want an option to disable this feature.

It was previously available with an extension: Select-Like-A-Boss. It was first introduced in Snapshot 1.8.755.3. The reaction was predominantly positive, but as said, it's a matter of taste. I don't have a touchpad, but I find it easy to use with a mouse.

• @Pesala thanks for the reply. I just did. Using touchpad to maneuver down-left/right-up is time consuming and became such nuisance. While I can just drag it sideways with chrome/firefox.
    They are not actually a link, I just use a usercript to turn them to a link to make it easier to select and copy them for my works.

• @cholif You turn them into links? Well apparently this is your problem, if the text isn't a link you can drag it sideways after selecting by default. So instead of making it easier to select and copy you are making it harder.

• @luetage Selecting the text and drag them will make it even wasting much more times and much harder too. I turn them into a link so I can drag them easier without the need to select them.

• You put it up as feature request anyway. We will see what happens. I did find an interesting discussion about this topic though.
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=378775

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.