Malicious ways of nicknames and sayings

• When I started this topic, my main intention was to attract a user who claimed to have a particular fascination with malicious nicknames. This user has not even given a hint of being aware of its existence (the existence of this topic). It may be that the path I'm following does not meet the requirements of this user ... Patience! This is, somehow, a small frustration for me.

But this publication, surprisingly, gave and is giving me unexpected rewards.

And the greatest of all is something that concerns nothing less than the Lord Jesus Christ. Extremely Unexpected Extremely Illuminating! Anything that concerns Him is always a blessing! I should have fulfilled my purposes and stopped as soon as this matter has taken other strands.

The second bonus is divided into two: @I_ri and @TbGbe [something like Thomas burton from (Great) britain? As to the final "e" I have no idea haha!]. Another unexpected gift that the gods sent me. Saying better: two other gifts.

My "conversa-fiada" (something like "fee-free chat") has shown me that I'm not that unattractive in this kind of expression. Number of views seems demonstrate?
    Unfortunately, on the one hand, there was no more involvement from others. I could not even know why Francisco turns into Paco, in Spanish.
    I refuse to know this from any source other than this one.

• @quinca71 said in Malicious ways of nicknames and sayings:

something like Thomas burton from (Great) britain? As to the final "e" I have no idea haha!

Sign of a failing memory perhaps
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/9227/pseudonym-etymology/5

• @tbgbe

I sniffed right next near, I think.

• hello Quinca71

bull in a china shop .
    wrecking ball .

• @i_ri

Welcome back.

• In these places, a person who uses the proof of most of what he does, he speaks of himself: I kill the snake and show the baton (the wooden piece with which he killed). It is a very popular saying.

However, this has already caused a scene ... err ... a bit difficult to describe without problems of puritanism. Of wood and / or baton in English it gives "pau" between its meanings in Portuguese, and the last one ("pau") is also referred to here, popularly and in low slang, as the male sexual organ. In the original in Portuguese (BR), "pau" is the "official" word for this saying.

A poor and moving young man with troubled mental faculties had just killed a snake in a street in a nearby town. The popular proverb came to his mind and he interpreted it exclusively as exhibiting the male sexual organ.

As a result, he lowered his trousers and displayed his frontal nude in the middle of a shower of guffaws around him.
    Editing and adding: A small tragicomedy, for one side by the touching conditions of the personage, and for another, by his action (10.16.2018)

• Short exposition of ways of saying on my country (or in the region where I live on it)

"I may take out my wee horse from the rain" = I may give up.
    (Unknown reasons to me).

"Have his donkey at the shadow" = Being in a quiet situation, especially financial.

"Searching for horns on horse head" = searching for nonexistent things.

"Counting with the egg at the anus of the hen" = having as already in his domain something which still do not have happened.

• @quinca71 said in Malicious ways of nicknames and sayings:

"I may take out my wee horse from the rain" = I may give up.

Doing a google search, I discovered the reason of this saying. It may also be said: "you may take out your wee horse from the rain", that is, for another person, and, very curiously, I found an equivalent in English:
    "Don't hold your breath!". very interesting.

• More four ways of saying, in my country (or in its region where I live). Not predominantly malicious, but more leaned to peculiar.

You're on my blacklist.
    (This, I suspect be the same in English, whence more universal);

It is always unfavorable if these words were addressed to you. Unless it has been said for jest. Depending on the degree of dangerousness of the sentence's utterer, you:

1 may be in bad bed-sheets (very unfavorable and / or menacing situation).

Or, then, maybe the worst,
    2-may stop in the country of the feet-together (graveyard).

Or, finally,
    3-will fall hitting with your butt in the water.
    Less harmful, menacing that something unpleasant may happen to you, but the impact is more to the ridiculous and hilarious side.

• "Someone gave me the rope and the bucket."

Old popular way of saying here still in use.

It means serving the guy (or girl) as needed. If you are facing a water well, these are the two things you need. If the other gives you one without the other, nothing can be done.

Even the absence of a sheave can not be a hindrance, depending on you not being too lazy and having enough vigor in your arms. Unfortunately, this is not my case.

I'm about to modify this old popular refrain by adding a pulley.

• "You're hammering on cold iron".

This is not a malicious way of saying it, but just an expressive regional way of saying that the work being done is unproductive. Change the conditions or stop the service.

A blacksmith job is supposed to. To mold an iron bar, it must be passed through the oven and adjusted to the temperature according to the service being done.

This is used as a rule for generalized species of services and / or attitudes, in the latter case particularly the attempt to convince someone of something.

• hello Quinca71 and everyone
    Wanting the word flimflammer to place appropriately in Your topic.
    flim-flam, in a way, is a fake that replaces reality or inserts itself as reality when it is not reality. It is associated with a "confidence game" wherein the flimflammer flim-flams, or swindles, the victim.

flim-flam.
    some odd words associated can be made to nouns for name-calling:
    befuddle
    stump
    gaffle
    hornswoggle
    hoodwink (stretch to hoodwinkle, to press or extract)
    bamboozle
    chisel

and some words that mean to beg:
    panhandle
    mendicate
    cadge

and just for reading the dictionary,, is found: vivify.
    So if I may call you a name, then you may be named a vivificator or a vivifier. so there! enliven and brighten.

• @i_ri

Thanks for being back. Unexpected return. But congratulatory to me. Your content, I will study more precisely because, as you well know, my "mater" language is not English.

I will expect comments from native speakers of English, to see if I can gain some subsidies to help my understanding.

Hugs and come more often.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.