Vivaldi needs a strangely long time at startup

• Hello,

I'm running Vivaldi 1.10 64 bit stable on a ubuntu gnome 16.04.2 LTS 64-Bit system.

Vivaldi needs about a minute just to start and then still needs about 10 seconds to work.
    I am not sure if the issue started after updating to 1.10 or since I've installed a KDE programme (kdenlive), which brings some additional KDE Programmes during installation. I tried to uninstall these additional kde Software as well as kdenlive, but I'm not sure if everything's gone.

Did anybody experience similar problems or does anybody have an idea about how to get to the root of this issue?

Thanks
    Peter

• Is this only on system start up or all the time?

I'm currently running Debian with Gnome and don't have any issues launching Vivaldi 1.10 64bit.

Currently launching Vivaldi takes me 0.26s (according to Time) while running multiple processes.

That said, I don't see any reason why KdenLive would affect your run time unless you are working on video editing while launching Vivaldi.

• Hi, there are some reports about start slowdown of Vivaldi.

1. Long list in download panel
    2. Corrupted bookmark file
    3. Corrupted history file
      I would first try to rename profile directory, this is part of full reset.

https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/

Cheers, mib

No startup delays on Mint.

• @snorkay It's happening all the time. Interestingly, Geary Mail stopped working at all at the same time telling me not to be able to connect to Gmail and then just not to start at all. I have no idea how this could be related, but that's basically what happened: Vivaldi working fine, installed kdenlive coming with the kde keyring and other components, then Vivaldi needs about a minute to start and Geary doesn't work at all. I'm no Linux pro - are there any startup protocols I could check?

@mib2berlin Can I backup data and put it back after the reset, or will I loose it all? Loosing my data is not an option, I'm heavily using notes and bookmarks in Vivaldi.

• Hi, you don't loose anything if you rename your default folder.
    Vivaldi create a new empty one and you can copy notes, bookmarks back.
    If it doesn't work rename the folder back.

Cheers, mib

• I posted about a similar problem and received several good suggestions.
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/13189/slow-on-older-computer
    None helped much, but maybe they will work for you. My solution was to use chromium :anguished: until I finally got a faster computer.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.